Scanner Block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A simple suggestion which I think fits in because we already have Jammers/Cloakers. Add scanners! If a player has no scanners they cannot use N to find other objects. If they have 1 they could scan out to 500km, 2 1000km, 3 1500km. etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cloak/jammers cost 1500e/s per mass. Will this scanner cost similar?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would be great to have scanners.

Would easily cost high amounts to scan high distances, eg:

the asteroid in front of you would only require one scanner block to scan, and little power. (might be slow though).

Planet several blocks and moderate power consumption

Sectors a big bank of scanners and huge power drain.

Would be great if it could find that rare component needed for the random weird recipe you just found!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea of scanners and radar and such, though I don\'t like that if you don\'t have one you can\'t use the waypoints or \"N\". What if you can use the waypoints still but a more basic and primitive version that doesn\'t register much, but if you get the scanner your waypoints get better, more advanced. The more scanners you add the better the map gets even to a point where you can start seeing ores inside of asteroids and planets.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I think there should be more than one type of scanner - for example, maybe a positioning scanner which gave you your location and the location of things around you and let you plot waypoints. Then you could have a sensor, which would give you detailed information on entities - composition, armaments, shielding, etc. depending on how many sensors you had. Then you could have a bioscanner, which would tell you how many life forms were aboard a ship or on a planet.