Scale weapon projectiles with size of the weapon

Reaction score
    Simply put, a 20x20x200 AMC shouldn't shoot a projectile that is the same size as the projectile of a single AMC block. This would make for much more impressive capital-ship battles and an interesting mix of fireworks when there are different weapon sizes and turrets involved.

I'd apply the same to missiles and any other weapon.

(with missiles you could for example go from small explosions like now, to blinding nuke-like flashes, depending on the damage/size of the launcher)

Reaction score
    Totally for this! I mean, if we\'re gonna have beam cannons, then we gotta have freespace style beam cannons; not puny little excuses for beams (hopefully we could get them colored too?)

Reaction score
    I want to see a fighter getting shot by a ginat projectile...or blind it with a giant beam

CES

Reaction score
    It does look pretty ludicrous when a huge amc block spits out a tiny pew-pew glowing line.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I completely agree. A massive capital shouldn\'t make little pew-pew lasers, but rather massive BWAAAHH lasers. Sound effects in accordance with size would also be cool.

Reaction score
    +1 i agree titans shouldn\'t have a tiny little laser that dose over 9000 damage they should have massive lasers that do over 9000 damage

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Some other cool ideas on weapons-

What if you could open a weapons computer and choose a colour for the projectile shot from it? That would be cool.

Another cool idea- What if you had the center block removed from a 3x3 barrel end, and when you fired, instead of firing from a set output, it cycled through all 8 blocks at the end to make it look like a minigun as it fired? You could do this with a 4x4 with the 2x2 in the center removed, or a 5x5 with the 3x3 in the center removed, ect.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is it possible to make the projectile have the same shape as the weapon grids output(s)?

You could make a giant arrow, a line or cross - as long as the blocks point into space, they could create a \"grey-scale textured plane with highmap\". I dunno if such dynamic objects will cause lag with the game engine.

It would give you the feeling to have a really unique weapon.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Projectile size scales with damage. It\'s been this way since the shield rebalance.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    or the projectile is just too fast to see the size increase.

Or you need to check some ultra-secret graphic setting :)

Reaction score
    Exaclty, since nobody seems to notice, it\'s clearly not enough.

Reaction score
    I say have it based on the main output so that it is easier to make, and also have the thing smaller possibly but with more damage it increases more drastically. either way something like this needs to be more prominent