Say Hello to MichaelChief (from MasterChief), the first detailed skin model in StarMade.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hi there, indeed the name isn't that artistic... but with it's 512x512 image model (just double than default) but highly detailed, you can still say hello to...

This and little variations of it is the combat suit the Galaxy Rangers will be able to use from now on... check out those little details that makes things look smooth:

Dem powerful fists and the foot's sole the enemies will see(of whoever wears this suit):

Did you notice the foot fold ?

You can find this skin being used on NASS, starmade.nasszone.com:4242 .

Skin built and modelled by me,MichaelSeph, drawings by Shane Warner.

Higher resolution versions of this skin are impossible unless somebody fines a neater and more compressed way of making .PNG images. There's an actual limit at how big the used skin images can get.

Have fun,

-Mike

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was thinking about designing some skins and making a tutorial on how people can make their own once I\'d got some new parts for my PC so I can use it again, as you already know how to make them I thought it\'d be a good idea if you could explain the skin image layout for us guys on the forums so we can start making our own, for example which areas are the back, front, right and left sides of the arms etc. provided you\'ve got the spare time to do it.

Reaction score
    Would love to see alot more HD skins. This looks amazing. Wish I could try it out for myself ;P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The other HD skin would be this, but it\'s just an edited version of beetlebear\'s chewbaka:

It\'s not needed to be 1024x1024 though, and it works that big because it\'s indexed to one color, to make it smaller. Normally the max of complex skins is 512 x 512.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ty Peter, coming from the owner of a starmade skins site like you, that\'s great :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Haha thanks, we\'ve posted it up there for everyone to see! :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Lol @ the galaxy rangers logo on the back of the head :P

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    @michael

I just made http://star-made.org/content/hang-em-high for Starmade, so was interested if you could easily colour correct your skin for Red and Blue versions for the purposes of TDM with the new (/give_laser_weapon Playername) laser pistol?

If not may I have permission to Edit yours? it\'s a great skin and will make for a great video :D

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I colour adjusted a 256x256 to Yellow, Red, Blue and Green. I will link to this post and credit you as the texture creator. I guess you haven\'t had time to check this thread for a while.

I lost detail of course due to only having a flat image to work with, but for the purpose of making teams easy to see in Halo Themed Arenas it works ok.

It would be way better if MichaelSeph did it of course :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It\'s all okay, I was in a trip for the last 30+ days, but I saw you just send me a PM today, anyway, replied and all is fine.

Have fun,

-Mike