Read by Council saving templates with all attached entities

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Well not only what the title says templates could use a little overhaul in general.
    1. some orientation borks the railsystems in the templates not facing the right direction when the templates are turned moved and such.
    2. display data needs to be stored correctly
    3. factory chest setupups including the data what to pull from which factroy in which quantities and where to get the rawmaterials from which chest i consider essential.
    4. logic circuts like clocks please store them as it would just be activated if a clock is ticking i want the paste of my template to tick as well.
    5. store templates with the attached rail entities. so we can finally safe entire airlocks. so we can safe assets we build without haveing to put them together from tons of different blueprints.

not being able to reuse stuff you have build properly is really annoying in creative now imagine playing survival.

Thanks for reading.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Nice.

One thing I would add is the ability to import/export templates in case your game folder becomes corrupt and you need to reinstall the game from scratch.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    1. some orientation borks the railsystems in the templates not facing the right direction when the templates are turned moved and such.
    I believe this is a quirk with stations only, as I always have it on stations, and never ships.

4. logic circuts like clocks please store them as it would just be activated if a clock is ticking i want the paste of my template to tick as well.
    They already save and paste the links that start and end within the template, how did you think people were pasting tileable lifts and stuff like chain drives?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1465424435,1465424400][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nice.

One thing I would add is the ability to import/export templates in case your game folder becomes corrupt and you need to reinstall the game from scratch.
    ./starmade/templates folder

Reactions: kiraen

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I believe this is a quirk with stations only, as I always have it on stations, and never ships.

They already save and paste the links that start and end within the template, how did you think people were pasting tileable lifts and stuff like chain drives?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1465424435,1465424400][/DOUBLEPOST]
    ./starmade/templates folder
    Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    1. This is definitely a bug, not sure if it's reported though...
    2. Another Bug
    3. I could have sworn I've seen this work before. It probably has to do with the same bug where it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't like display modules.
    4. I have seen clocks get frozen when copy and pasted but this seems more like the exception than the rule, another bug I think.

5. Templates being able to save entire docked entities would be rather cool.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6

ok well saved with docked entities and wireless connections then please...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1465502602,1465502516][/DOUBLEPOST]
    1. This is definitely a bug, not sure if it's reported though...
    2. Another Bug
    3. I could have sworn I've seen this work before. It probably has to do with the same bug where it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't like display modules.
    4. I have seen clocks get frozen when copy and pasted but this seems more like the exception than the rule, another bug I think.

5. Templates being able to save entire docked entities would be rather cool.
    thanks for elaboration... Then please could we get those bugs fixed... *nicesmile*