Saving bug on exit

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've noticed a small bug since the update to 0.1401. Sometimes on exiting the game, or unloading the sector by flying away from the homebase planet for a length of time, the lock boxes, factories and shops are not saving their contained items, but, the block edits made in the same session on the planet have saved normally.

This hasn't been a real big issue in SP offline mode, as you can admin yourself some replacement parts for what vanished, but in MP online mode this is getting a little annoying.

Today I made the mistake of putting the helmet and pistol into a lock box on the planet, then flew to spawn (10km away) to the shop, then back again. Upon return, the items were gone along with all the other parts (a lot of parts) that were unloaded from the ship's lock boxes to the planet's lock boxes. The recipes that had updated to level 2 before leaving, were back to level 1 still needing 1000's to go until level 2. The resources that were taken from from the ore coarsing factory unit were still used up as expected, but the factory unit making the White Hard Hull didn't register that they'd been moved there (manually moved ore, not linked factories).

The planet's shop block prices were all set back to default. The money deposited into the shop was all gone (10mil). The parts put to the shop were all gone. The shop owner was unset, the other shop settings were back to default.

The block edits to the planet that did save as per normal were done after the sorting of lock boxes and the shop setup.

There were no other players on the server at the time of bug, so the boxes and shop were not raided (the lock boxes should be protected by the home base protection anyway). I am the only member of the faction. Other players have reported similar problems with items in their lock boxes vanishing (and blaming other faction members who claim innocence). Server: starmade.sheen.id.au:4242

Has an admin command been added to give a replacement helmet similar to the give_laser_weapon command to get the items back? When will these items finally be added to the shop, and when will be able to sell the useless slot filler logbooks to easliy get them out of inventory?

Another bug I've noticed has to do with ships bought as blueprints. Once you delete all the parts from the spawned in ship until only the core remains, the core then seems to be glitched and can fly through solid objects. I've not been able to reproduce this on every attempt, but I have seen other players using the glitch to get inside locked up stations and ships.

Reaction score
    Too bad it wasn\'t documented properly . . . I don\'t have one either

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That command is not well documented at all.

Have my pistol and helmet back now at least. Thanks

Reaction score
    Same problem here, K10. I was working on a ship on the Tethys server when some pirates attacked. One dropped a pretty sizeable cargo just off-planet, so I decided to take a break from the shipbuilding and go loot me some pirate booty! I dropped off all my shipbuilding supplies into a PlexChest on the ship I was working on, then set out to do salvaging in the sectors around my faction base. When I got back, about ten minutes later, the PlexChest was completely empty -- no one else was online (it\'s 3 am, everyone else is asleep haha!), and it was on a secured faction ship anyways, so it wasn\'t stolen... it just poofed, apparently when the sector unloaded. So much for building anything now. >.<

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The scope of what is not saving goes beyond just the lock boxes, factories and shop modules.

As a test I made a 16x16 checker platform on top of a spawned core (chess board) at 10 10 10. The checker was made in black and white hull. I then flew to 2 2 2, and back again only to find that random blocks I\'d placed were no longer there. I then repaired the corruption, and changed all the black hull blocks to blue hull blocks. I then flew back to 2 2 2, and then returned to 10 10 10. To my surprise, some of the blue hull blocks had reverted to black hull blocks, and some were missing completely. I repaired the corruption a second time (to blue and white checker), then I changed all the blue hull blocks to green hull blocks. I then did the trip to 2 2 2, and back to 10 10 10, and the result was even worse. I had some green hull blocks, some blue hull blocks, some black hull blocks, some of the white blocks were still there, and some blocks were missing all together. At each step I saved the blueprint to the catalog. The catalog saved ships were exactly what they should have been. This was on the online server which has minor settings changes in the config file (security and preferences).

I then repeated this test on my home server (dedicated computer on the LAN to run the server). The results were somewhat similar, however it was not the same block positions reverting to previous positions as it did on the online server. All the saved blueprints of each step saved correctly. This server is completely vanilla and clean install with no edits to the config files.

Lastly I repeated this test in the sandbox mode and again, the same results. I then tested it again in a 2nd client in sandbox mode (clean install, new universe) and obtained a similar hit and miss save of the sector on unload.

My conclusion is the database is not saving correctly when the sector unloads. As a result of this, I have rolled back the online server (MikeLand starmade.sheen.id.au:4242) and my client to the previous stable 0.094731 version. This is a game breaking bug!

Reaction score
    On the live server (Tethys) I play on, I\'ve been alternating between building a base and a decent ship. Since the plexchests seem to enjoy rollback poofing what was in them after the 0.1401 update, I\'ve been keeping everything I value and/or use regularly in inventory. I\'ve been waiting for at least two server save messages to pop up before I log out after finishing whatever I am working on.

All that, and it\'s still not enough...

Yesterday, I set up some color-coded lighting in different areas of my faction base. Then I added a small landing pad. Then I added some docking extenders to the turret platforms. Then I switched to my ship, adding internal systems and various bits of decor bling. At the end of the night, I did a quick Build Mode review of everything... ship looked fine, base looked fine... waited for three server saves to occur before logging out.

Today, the lighting is all gone, reverted back to the hull that was there before. The landing pad is there, but some (not all, just some) of the terrain I removed to build it is back. The docking extenders are all fine, as is the ship. And when I click on a plex door inside my planetary base with a docking beam to open it, it instead reverts back to the stone that was there before I even built the base a month ago.

It\'s been happening to a number of people on the server, some of whom are just leaving in frustration, as there\'s little point in putting effort into anything or amassing components when there seems to be a 50/50 chance of it reverting to what it was before (or to what it was a week or two ago) or just disappearing entirely.

The database is, for lack of a better term, completely fubar at this point. :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    After taking our server offline to the public (and rolled back to the previous release version and universe), I spent 2 days trying to get something that was reproducable everytime which would pin point an exact error. I had no such luck. The blocks reverting to previous database states was completely random. However I did notice that it was only happening to me while I was doing the entity block edits in a sector that had a planet. Something maybe to do with the way the planet sectors move in this new version, and the \'empty\' sectors don\'t move (shadows in the one place all the time is annoying in these sectors without planets).

Since my last post, we\'ve put 0.1401 live again, and the players are avoiding planets. We have not had a single entity revert back to a previous database save state since. I was building a planet base, which I\'ve now completely salvaged and moved to a sector away from any planets and building a station instead. No problems doing this so far (touch wood, as I just got all my factories in).

@Iskandar: The blocks that didn\'t revert and seem fine, won\'t be. They are ghosted and will eventually vanish and revert back to the original state. This is obvious when there is a plex storage or factory input within those \'ghosted\' blocks. When you attempt to open it (R), it will open your inventory instead. If you remove and replace the \'ghosted\' blocks they should stay (if this edit session actually saves to the database).