Satellites

Reaction score
    I was musing on the exploration & discovery potential in Starmade. Building fighters is great and all, but I quite like the idea to build exploration ships and have things to discover and research. I kinda like the idea of launching satellites to go off and explore on a set trajectory and send back data as it passes through systems, or potentially other galaxies I guess. Adding research and discoveries could unlock new levels of resources to make it useful gameplay mechanics.

But really, the suggestion is, satellites, independent entities out collecting data on its journey & relaying it back to base.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I was musing on the exploration & discovery potential in Starmade. Building fighters is great and all, but I quite like the idea to build exploration ships and have things to discover and research. I kinda like the idea of launching satellites to go off and explore on a set trajectory and send back data as it passes through systems, or potentially other galaxies I guess. Adding research and discoveries could unlock new levels of resources to make it useful gameplay mechanics.

But really, the suggestion is, satellites, independent entities out collecting data on its journey & relaying it back to base.
    With the AI update you may get something close to this.