• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Of course...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    The game's UI displays lists of blocks in several places:
    In the shop menu
    In the storage filter menu (when you're looking at the existing set of filters)
    In the storage filter menu (when you're adding a new block type to the filters)
    In the factory "item to produce" lists
    In the advanced build mode "pick remove/replace filter"​

All of these use different code and have different/inconsistent behaviour. Sometimes the list is split into categories (in the shop), sometimes the list is sorted alphabetically (when you're adding a new filter for storage), sometimes it's not sorted at all, sometimes the block type is listed when there are no blocks (shop, why?) and sometimes they aren't (the storage filter menu, looking at the existing set of filters).

For cases where it's not categorised (everything except the shop); it's a painful mess - a very long list of everything (where often it's a tiny drop down list with a scroll bar), where finding anything is excessively frustrating if you're lucky (and worse when you're not lucky - if the list isn't sorted alphabetically and/or you're not too sure what the block's name is).

What I'm suggesting is to have a single piece of code that categorises and sorts lists of items; that is used by all places where the UI has to display lists of blocks to prepare the list for display. This code would accept a list of block types with a count for each block type; and would generate a "tree of structures" (representing categories, etc) that excludes entries where the block type's count is zero, and excludes whole categories that have nothing in them.

In addition, I suggest a single "item selector widget" that's used:
    In the storage filter menu (when you're adding a new block type to the filters)
    In the factory "item to produce" lists
    In the advanced build mode "pick remove/replace filter"​

Not only would this make the game far easier for players to use; it should also reduce the amount of duplicated code (making the client's code faster/smaller and easier to maintain).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    do you mean make anything sorted like the shop so it is easier finding items?

Reaction score
    do you mean make anything sorted like the shop so it is easier finding items?
    Yes, everything categorised and sorted like in the shop (for all 5 cases) using common "list preparation code"; and with a common "block selector dialog box widget thing" for 3 of the cases (where all 3 of those cases have identical requirements and the only difference between them would be the dialog box's title).

Reaction score
    How can I remove the vote? On a second tought, this might not be such a good idea... not for everything you said, at least...

Reaction score
    How can I remove the vote? On a second tought, this might not be such a good idea... not for everything you said, at least...
    So you want us to stop voting all together? Yep, definitely going for the Ugandan/dictatorship pathway there mate. *Is gulaged*

(I don't think you can. It just runs out of time but it's still there.)

Reaction score
    So you want us to stop voting all together? Yep, definitely going for the Ugandan/dictatorship pathway there mate. *Is gulaged*

(I don't think you can. It just runs out of time but it's still there.)
    The thing is: there is no option to vote neutral or against it. Only to vote for it. And there is no way to cancel the vote. Which is the closest thing to dictatorship...

Reaction score
    The thing is: there is no option to vote neutral or against it. Only to vote for it. And there is no way to cancel the vote. Which is the closest thing to dictatorship...
    Yes - the poll is just a silly joke.

In related news: Woot! 100% of people say Qweesdy is awesome (according to recent polls)!... :)

Reaction score
    I'd like to see the storage filters work on categories and have the categories better defined. I don't care if it's by keyword or by categorized filters. Anything would be easier than defining a filter for all 5 different shapes for 12 different colors and 3 different types of hull in order to create a storage chest for hull and armor. This is also apparent when creating a chest for "transparents" like glass and now armor crystal.

Reaction score
    I'd like to see the storage filters work on categories and have the categories better defined. I don't care if it's by keyword or by categorized filters. Anything would be easier than defining a filter for all 5 different shapes for 12 different colors and 3 different types of hull in order to create a storage chest for hull and armor. This is also apparent when creating a chest for "transparents" like glass and now armor crystal.
    I agree.

Actually; for adding storage block filters, it'd be awesome if we could just select the entire category (e.g. everything in the "hulls" category, or everything in the "blue hulls" sub-category, or everything in the "blue standard hull" sub-sub-category) rather than searching for all the different blocks.

I'd also suggest that when adding storage block filters it'd be easier if the default count was set to "max". The way it is now the default count is 1, so you have to add the filter then change the count to something useful (I use 99999999 for the count on everything).

Reaction score
    Yeah, but there should be hidden and you should have to press a button (UI button) to make the filters show themselves. And I would really use a search funtion in the shop, so maybe having both the structure and the search, but need to press a button for the structure of your storage/inventory, would be a good idea...

And dictatorship =/= to have followers, but to don't have people who stop them from doing what they want.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also, a way to filter by what type of factory creates the type of block, or what type of factories use the block.

Maybe we implement the filter for everything with a shop-like menu, but with a search filter and the ability to select by categories. So any of the shop categories would work, as well as the factory relationships.

Reaction score
    Also, a way to filter by what type of factory creates the type of block, or what type of factories use the block.

Maybe we implement the filter for everything with a shop-like menu, but with a search filter and the ability to select by categories. So any of the shop categories would work, as well as the factory relationships.
    You can potentially filter using a storage block and link that block to the factory. It's an extra block, but you can prefilter your factories now.