salvaging turrets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    can we get salvaging turrets, so that way we dont have to have just 6 ships mining at once, but have them along with turrets that are mining as well, also i think fleets are broken as of right now, so just wanna pull that up

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    also i think fleets are broken as of right now, so just wanna pull that up
    This should go into game support as a separate message. Also you include more detail on the issue so that starmade staff/support can help to solve it if there is a fleet-related bug.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Mining option for turret AI is planned as far as I know.

Untill then you can make a salvaging turret by adding a salvage array+clock to a turret (preferably a small non-damaging weapon e.g. 1:1 stop beam) and setting the AI to shot at focused target

not really an automatic minin turret, but it is a mining turret at least ;D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The fleet AI certainly seems to suggests that it could be done. Prior to that, and as you see weapon turrets functioning now, the turret would aim for the center point of an enemy ship for the most part. I've made salvage turrets before, and the problem was that they do the same thing - simply targeting the center point of the asteroid and ignoring the rest.

When it comes to the fleet AI, I notice that the drones have a tendency to change position every so often, and I wonder if that is a necessary part of their programming. If so, it might explain why the turret hasn't come out yet.