Salvaging dead pirate stations and derelict

Reaction score
    Hey guys. Ive looked but cant seem to find. But is there any way via configs to make dead stations give blocks instead of salvage.

I feel like this would reduce the ammount of hyper expansion and system reaping ive currently got going on. Even with planet sizes of 500 and a faction bonus of 15 mining it seems like its only enough resources to make a few ships capable of taking on an alpha station. But anyway scrap is useless as players with 0 sapsun with useually have over 10 mill in metal and crystal so scrap is useless and thus negates the need to seek derelicts or fight pirates.

Id like to encourage my players to seek derelicts and expand into void systems with a reason to do so rather than plot arround them and just harvest habitable planets. Besides raidingpirates is dangerous and should be rewarded. I wont loose sleep overthe derelics giving scrap but seems there isnt much incentive to hunt pirates.

Thanks guys.

Reaction score
    There is some incentive.

It's about the only thing in the game besides building that has any challenge or enjoyment to be found in it, rather than the skull-shattering tedium that is mining.

Reaction score
    There is some incentive.

It's about the only thing in the game besides building that has any challenge or enjoyment to be found in it, rather than the skull-shattering tedium that is mining.
    Soooooo is there a config or no?
    Like i said no one wants to get scrap to make into metal or crystal to add to their already 10m plus stock. Better to avoid them,
    Maybe if you joined my server. But then you would be the only one hunting pirates.

Reaction score
    just buy the station and then salvage it to get the blocks instead of the scrap

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Having storages with random loot inside the stations would already help, that's what the old pirate stations had, actually.

Reaction score
    No config to my knowledge,..........
    Bummer. Would be cool if atleast pirate stations would put out. As you just killed it much like a ship.

Having storages with random loot inside the stations would already help, that's what the old pirate stations had, actually.
    It does and they drop often for me but is such a mess as its really a big lottery, wish pickup would be placed into the ships cargo. Unless it can and im just a noob?

Reaction score
    I really wish we could NPCs for storage raiding, reduce the busy work involved.