Salvaging and combo weapons

Reaction score
    Ok...

I've looked in the wikis:

http://starmadepedia.net/wiki/Tutorials/Getting_started#Obtaining_Resources

http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Salvage_Cannon

...some more outdated than others - but none of them really seem to give a good explanation how what you get when you link things to salvage weapons.

This thing seems to say that you can at least link stuff to salvage weapons: http://smd-vault.s3.amazonaws.com/2014/10/5332_a3ad3c08197da8af41df4787759378bc.png

but it doesn't say what you get

So...

Right now with the v0.19 build we have:

Piercing effect comp/module
    Explosive effect
    EMP effect
    punch-through effect
    Stop Effect
    Push Effect
    Pull Effect
    Ion Effect
    Overdrive effect

which of these can I hook up to salvage computer, and what do I get from each combo? I would experiment with each of these myself - but I have limited spare time, and while I do enjoy the game, then I prefer to have fun with it when I know how to play it, not fumble around in the dark

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can only slave other weapons to salvage computers, not effects.

Reaction score
    And what do you get if you do that?

That would be cannons, missiles (you get a shotgun effect?), beams and damage pulse

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    And what do you get if you do that?

That would be cannons, missiles (you get a shotgun effect?), beams and damage pulse
    The usual, cannons decrease (salvage-)damage per shot and cooldown, missiles add the shotgun effect of the spread beams, beams increase range, and damage pulse increase (salvage-)damage per shot and cooldown.
    You will mostly want cannons though.

Reaction score
    The wikis should really be updated with that...

Especially with how many weapon cubes to salvage is the ideal ratio to achieve maximum effect, and how much extra power it drains - so you know if to double or tripple your power generation

Reaction score
    The second wiki you linked has always been woefully out of date and shouldn't be referenced. The first is the 'official' one. I'm pretty sure you can update them if you feel the info needs to be there... I haven't tried editing that one, but wikis work by the community updating them. Not by having someone ask others to update it. ;)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Overall, Power costs do not change. Pulse might have a higher upfront cost, but has a longer cooldown so the overall needed regen is the same.

Secondarys are more or less gimmicks though, Cannons always increase the rate of fire, beam always increases range, etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    On a kinda related note I personally believe that salvage should be an effect. So you could have Savage swarm missiles, salvage amc shotguns, or salvage nuke missiles.

Reaction score
    On a kinda related note I personally believe that salvage should be an effect. So you could have Savage swarm missiles, salvage amc shotguns, or salvage nuke missiles.
    I'm not really the biggest fan of mining in this game, so I could definitely go for some Salvage Pulse Missiles.

Actually, how would this affect the lag from planet salvaging? In my experience blowing things up is much less laggy than salvaging.

Reaction score
    From the wiki, I was under the impression Salvage + Missile was supposed to generate a 3x3 mining beam off one output, the shotgun isn't very useful imo. I'd rather do a checker or other block/pattern with another effect so I can mine where I'm actually aiming. Dev's, what was the intention of that slave combo? If that's how its supposed to be that's ok, just can't think of when it will be useful.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    The salvage computer page is something that I'm still working on but theres alot of other pages that need work/refining. Any help would be greatly appreciated I just ask that you try and follow the format for the weapon pages, https://starmadepedia.net/wiki/Cannon_Computer to keep things consistent.

I like the current edits that display a stat multiplier but i would also like to see raw numbers too, The more information the better.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    From the wiki, I was under the impression Salvage + Missile was supposed to generate a 3x3 mining beam off one output, the shotgun isn't very useful imo. I'd rather do a checker or other block/pattern with another effect so I can mine where I'm actually aiming. Dev's, what was the intention of that slave combo? If that's how its supposed to be that's ok, just can't think of when it will be useful.
    Salvage-missile's sole purpose is to create lag.