Salvager Turrets and Plex Storage

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I just did some testing and i found that Logic clock salvage beams work now that we can link the salvage computers to storage. Was able to turn one of my drop pods into a salvage torpedo with the use of area triggers. Just turn the safety off and launch it at a planet, when it lands it will start digging.

After i discovered this Salvage turrets seem like a round about way of dealing with this since a Salvage Bayonet using area triggered clocks or manual switch would get the job done more efficiently. Even more so now that we have Copy/Paste Templates. You could just build a Salvage Bayonet and save it as a template so you could just conveniently add them to any ship

Reaction score
    I just did some testing and i found that Logic clock salvage beams work now that we can link the salvage computers to storage. Was able to turn one of my drop pods into a salvage torpedo with the use of area triggers. Just turn the safety off and launch it at a planet, when it lands it will start digging.

After i discovered this Salvage turrets seem like a round about way of dealing with this since a Salvage Bayonet using area triggered clocks or manual switch would get the job done more efficiently. Even more so now that we have Copy/Paste Templates. You could just build a Salvage Bayonet and save it as a template so you could just conveniently add them to any ship
    Crimson-Artist, is there a way I could that salvage torpedo design from you?
    Thanks,
    Renann

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Crimson-Artist, is there a way I could that salvage torpedo design from you?
    Thanks,
    Renann
    I'll be releasing it soon so by all means. just need to do the photo shoot but yes if you link a logic clock to a Salvage computer then link the salvage computer to plex storage you can create an auto miner. I've already adapted this auto mining system to all of my harvesters so you no longer hav to hold down the fire button to mine stuff

Reactions: CyberTao
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    A.I. Anything does have one obvious limit to the ability to abuse it. It needs a player to be in range of it for it to work. As for going idle while your drones mine a planet. This doesn't account for the possibility of enemy players or other A.I. coming along and killing your drones. Really its no different than comparing it to say a massive mining vessel piloted by a player, or someone build blocking.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Then just make AI work even if player is not close.
    That is server crippling.
    The reason AI doesn't work when there is no player around, is because the game unloads the sectors from memory. To allow AI to keep working would mean that the game would have to keep all those sectors loaded as well. Even with optimization, would be relatively easy for a few people to spread hundreds of drones that would overload the server (And there is no easy way to find AI drones/ships last I checked).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That is server crippling.
    The reason AI doesn't work when there is no player around, is because the game unloads the sectors from memory. To allow AI to keep working would mean that the game would have to keep all those sectors loaded as well. Even with optimization, would be relatively easy for a few people to spread hundreds of drones that would overload the server (And there is no easy way to find AI drones/ships last I checked).
    Then just add new block. "Chunk loader" very expensive block (or very energy drain) that keeps near objects loaded. You can attach it to drone mothership but it will be very expensive.
    Drone mothership can be AI too. It could work as carrier for mining drones. All chunks near mothership will be loaded.

Task of mothership will be finding planets and big fields of asteroids, while tasks of single mining drones will be just mining. If storages in mothership (or drones) will be full it will return to base.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    A mother-ship A.I. would be a great idea, just not in the context your thinking off. One A.I. controlled ship effectively working as a carrier and controlling several non-docked or docked ships would be nice. That is an idea with a lot of potential not just for miners, but also for carrier pilots or even making functional NPC fleets. It would have to be better on servers as well when dealing with large drone fleets or large ships using a lot of turrets.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Maybe the game could just simulate drone ships moving in unloaded sector? Just have a small bit of server power to say "x drone mined y amount of asteroids during z time the sector was unloaded and got a of mineral one and b of mineral 2"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    So it would add ores to an AI, but much slower than if someone was there? Like every five minutes the server goes and updates the AI in empty sectors (and possibly also the factories in empty sectors?)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe the game could just simulate drone ships moving in unloaded sector? Just have a small bit of server power to say "x drone mined y amount of asteroids during z time the sector was unloaded and got a of mineral one and b of mineral 2"
    Yea let's just simplyfy it.
    Game wouldn't need to load whole data about block. Just informations that are required to make AI to orientate in space around it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Nice Necro BlackTangent. This was posted September 2014 The year is now 2015 and tomorrow will be august.

Reaction score
    parece que se les ha olvidado o desconocen las normas basicas de la economia; si hay mucha cantidad de un producto este vale muy poco, pero si escasea ese producto su valor se eleva. por lo que el AUTOMINING seria bueno, ya que todos sabemos que es mas conveniente usar los materiales para hacer las piezas que venderlos y comprar las que nesecitamos, todos sabemos que minerales tiene cada asteroide, asi como todas las reglas del juego y su mecanica, la idea es saberlas aplicar.

en todo caso, este juego es una guerra, es obvio que no todos sabemos lo mismo, pero esa es la idea, jugar y ganar sea de la manera que sea.

EN EL AMOR Y LA GUERRA TODO SE VALE.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    parece que se les ha olvidado o desconocen las normas basicas de la economia; si hay mucha cantidad de un producto este vale muy poco, pero si escasea ese producto su valor se eleva. por lo que el AUTOMINING seria bueno, ya que todos sabemos que es mas conveniente usar los materiales para hacer las piezas que venderlos y comprar las que nesecitamos, todos sabemos que minerales tiene cada asteroide, asi como todas las reglas del juego y su mecanica, la idea es saberlas aplicar.

en todo caso, este juego es una guerra, es obvio que no todos sabemos lo mismo, pero esa es la idea, jugar y ganar sea de la manera que sea.

EN EL AMOR Y LA GUERRA TODO SE VALE.

And now in english,

It seems to have been forgotten or are unaware of the basic rules of the economy; if there is much quantity of a product it is worth very little, but if that product is scarce its value rises. so the serious AUTOMINING good as we all know it is more convenient to use the materials to make parts to sell and buy that nesecitamos, we all know that minerals have each asteroid as well as all the rules of the game and its mechanics, the idea is knowing how to apply.

In any case, this game is a war, it is obvious that not all know the same, but that's the idea, playing and winning is the way it is.

IN LOVE AND WAR IS WORTH ALL

And .. necro post?

Reactions: xDEAD-LORDx