Salvager Storage

Reaction score
    While building a ship with my friend Legion, he decided it would be a great idea to hop in the salvage computer to mine out a nearby asteroid while I finished work on the hull. During that time I took note of how everything he mined ended up in my inventory. So we did a bit of thinking and thought it would be pretty cool if everything you mined up was automatically tossed into it's own storage. I'm thinking of something simple for now, such as being able to connect Plex Storage to the Salvage Computer similar to how you connect the cannons. When something is mined, the system would first check all connected boxes for a stack of that item then add the harvested item to it's matching stack. If no stack is found, the system would look for a box with an empty slot then toss the item into the first box with an open slot that it finds. If the box is full the system would move on to the next box, continuing it's check until the conditions are met to deposit the item. To avoid massive strain on servers and insane amounts of lag, I'm thinking a max limit of 10 storage boxes per computer would be more than enough for mining out a few stations and asteroids before having to unload.

I consider this a minor feature that would make the game a bit more enjoyable since you wouldn't have to constantly keep emptying your personal inventory every few minutes for fear of harvesting something rare only to have it deleted due to your full inventory.

Reaction score
    First of all in build mode you should be able to rank your storage units in order of preference. Then you can toggle the beam so it will:

a. Start putting things in storage if your inventory is full

b. put things in storage regardless of the pilots inventory space

c. share resources among docked ships if they have a storage module

Reaction score
    That last idea sounds really good in my opinion. I made a ship a while back with an undockable cargobay and I can\'t tell ya how annoying is it to get up, float back and put stuff away. We might see alot more docking cargo ships around with a feature like that.

Reaction score
    +1 support for this. It\'d also be in the best interest of game balance to limit items to somewhere around 128 or 256 per stack to make storage modules actually useful.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also, I would go with 500 to 1000 max limit per item. 128 to 256 is too small for this game IMO. I would find it very bothersome to have to keep going back to grab more blocks to build my ship. I suggest that make it so while in build mode you have access to all the storage on your ship to use freely.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Great idea! A must add. On a con note tho, players could just stay out in space for a long time. Making inventory forces players to venture back eventually instead of being isolationists.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I seriously just had this idea while stripping another station. I\'m glad someone beat me to the punch.