Salvage Shields

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Recently on servers in PvP or just with my friends alone, salvage cannons destroy my spacestations and turrets. I had an idea to fix that with a Anti-Salvage-Module

In theroy, this block when places on a planet, ship, turret, spacestation etc, would stop salvage cannons from affecting the object, but when apart of an object with a fac module, there would be settings to allow some fac members to salvage.

EX. Spacestation ---> No Anti-Salvage-Module = Random dude salvages your spacestation.

Spacestation ---> Anti-Salvage-Module = Random dude can't salvage your spacestaion unless the Anti-Salvage-Module is destroyed.

Reason for this post is that i know (me, and lots of other people) have problems with manual turrets aswell as spacestaions being salvaged to near nothingness.

-Thanks for reading!

Reaction score
    Well, hmm... the faction module already works but they can still exit ship and manualy salvage i think, but yes, faction module PREVENTS any weapons from working... IF you set it up as the faction homebase.

Example: ( that happened ) me and my friend found a desert planet, i placed down a faction module and we officialy made it our homebase, while i was afk, my friend found 2 other players ( stupid bandits ) and the players killed HIS ship, and MY ship, however, we did enjoy as they idioticly tried to salvage the planet/find the faction module to destroy it, 10 minutes totaly compensated ;)

Moral: Make it a faction homebase, simple, clean, sorta effective.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    When i was playing with my friend, he accidentally salvaged my turrets that had the fac mod on, these were manuall turrets docked on my ship, thus the reason of a Anti-Salvage-Mod. I do see your point for bases, but my turrets go bye bye in a manner of seconds. Normal shields are N/A against salvage cannons.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    And actually that\'s what should be changed - I recall in some other thread Schema considering salvaging despite shields a bug. So I guess we just need to wait for bug to be fixed. Though I am generally against using salvage beams offensively. I\'d like to have continuous beam weapon, yes, but leave salvaging for after such weapon is used and there\'s no manned core.