Suggested Salvage Pulses

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Did you not read the head-line? ;)

They fix the block-count limit of beams.
    You would salvage equally fast as a checker-board array, but without the separate-array spam

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    would be an interest way to mine asteroids but I would not suggest it being used on planets since people have a tendency to ram stuff they need to get close to.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    but I would not suggest it being used on planets since people have a tendency to ram stuff they need to get close to.
    Salvage beams already have a relatively short range and gravity pulls you anyway.
    Slavage beams would still exist.

Pulses could trigger at a certain distance.
    For example travel 100 meters, then explode in a sphere in 100x100x100 around the centre.
    It would not be imba in combat (blocked by shields/playermade), you have a bit more freedom with ranges because of that.​

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    This would be a nice alternative to standard salvage beams. The radius could be dialed in so that it was equivalent (more or less) to normal beams. It could allow for new, interesting designs for mining fleets.

Reaction score
    Overall I think it would be nice to be able to modify the way a Salvage Module by slaving a weapons computer to it, in some way similar to how regular weapons can have a secondary and an Effect.