Salvage positioning error

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Out from the closed http://star-made.org/content/checkerboard-mining-broken-months-now for going wrong.

The issue was not the formation or relation to other blocks (like walls in front), it was related to the whole array's box position. Where when all the array is on the negative side of the core's chunk (the ship's core being at point 8 8 8 in the central chunk), and a chunk being 16x16, a salvage blocks array being all of it more than 7 blocks behind, 7+1 being 8, half from 16, the array would be behind the central chunk which is where the Salvage Computer fails to calculate the array's beam and puts it inside the central chunk at 0 0 (0) point.

Simple salvage arrays, one in front, one behind(it also being behind a "wall"), both get outside the center chunk, but still work as they are also inside it.

Adding a salvage array outside, in front of the center chunk works fine:

But when adding a salvage array outside, behind the central chunk, it does this exact same aspect error:

No matter you add more salvage arrays behind, in checker mode or just random, there is only 1 (visibly) salvage beam at that same position. (Also tested, but it looks the same, so no pic)

Now that the issue is found, it's just up for schema to fix it :D

It's probably a small detail bug anyway, it puts the beam's position to go through 0 0 (0) for not being able to get it's real position.

Have fun,

-Mike

Vas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Only took several months to figure this part out... When I was the only one in the world apparently to have this bug because I build my ships differently than everyone else...

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i have the same bug.

I postet it to schema ( with blueprint ) and he means it is only a visually bug but it isnt. Thanks for posting the same bug. so we can hope he can fix it.