Bug Salvage broken, even worse than it used to be

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The cannon combination just got seriously OP, gamebreaking even. Power consumption for anything besides that combination is absurd (500 e/s per block). I haven't tested the other beams yet, but apparently at least the damage beam is broken too.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I was unaware you could add support to the Salvage beams. No wonder they felt so slow.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don't understand what the big deal is about salvage beams and cannons. I do not find this to be to terribly imbalanced. I dont want to spend days mining to send up a meager base. As it is setting up a base takes about a few hours from a raw start. This sits right to me. I don't want to spend days mining.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't understand what the big deal is about salvage beams and cannons. I do not find this to be to terribly imbalanced. I dont want to spend days mining to send up a meager base. As it is setting up a base takes about a few hours from a raw start. This sits right to me. I don't want to spend days mining.
    Link 1 salvage cannon with 1 cannon and you'll get the following stats:
    • 10x less power than an array of equal size would use.
    • 10x faster mining than an array of equal size.
    • And, most importantly, there are no negative effects. It's just positive things all the time.
    This results in the salvage - cannon combination being 100x more effective than other combinations.

And it is worth mentioning that the pulse combo literally has no positive effects.

All these imbalanced things occur due to the fact that it doesn't do any damage, so all the usual damage buffs and nerfs don't apply.

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4

So you want one combo to be forced upon everyone who salvages? Now Salvage-cannon combos are the ONLY way to effectively mine. I personally want more variety, but now my salvage-missile and salvage-beam setups are completely broken and unusable. I think the nerf should be reverted, honestly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I wondered when I read the thread title what you meant, but since I always hook my salvage beams up with cannons I see now why I haven't noticed anything wrong with them. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Being a non-weapon, I would expect salvage + "anything-else-but-cannon" to offer no support at all. How can you really have a different outcome of combination for a non-weapon?

The basic 'effect' that cannon has as support is 'fast fire'. It's only logical that this would be the support to use for fast salvagers.

It's not a big job to swap out the 'wrong' support modules for cannon with the replace filter.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's not just the cannon though. All other non-damage beams have the same problem. Also, this thread really just is about the broken power usage (and partially about the effects that are still broken).

Edit: I know Calbiri is working on it, but the power consumption per block even remives all the functinality from the behaviourconfig (almost all). If we could turn it off or change it somehow I really wouldn't mind, but you can't, so this ruines the game for me (I only use the crafting system).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So you want one combo to be forced upon everyone who salvages? Now Salvage-cannon combos are the ONLY way to effectively mine. I personally want more variety, but now my salvage-missile and salvage-beam setups are completely broken and unusable. I think the nerf should be reverted, honestly.
    In all honesty, I see mining as a one dimensional mechanic. You hit blocks with beams, and receive sed block. I don't see how added range, more powerful or shotgun beams really change the way we play at all.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The salvage damage value (new and untested) would make for an interesting new balance. I just hope that the amount of "damage" that needs to be dealt will be the same as the hp of the block you're salvaging.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    In all honesty, I see mining as a one dimensional mechanic. You hit blocks with beams, and receive sed block. I don't see how added range, more powerful or shotgun beams really change the way we play at all.
    I think the point he is making is that the other options are not viable. Even stand alone salvagers consume far to much power to be useful.

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think the point he is making is that the other options are not viable. Even stand alone salvagers consume far to much power to be useful.
    Ding ding ding! Exactly what I mean.
    However adding effects drastically changes gameplay for mining ships.

Not to mention that variety is you know, fun. I see no reason in removing features if they are fun to some people and not gamebreaking.

Reaction score
    it is affecting all support slots My missiles which use beam support are non functional since I do not have enough power to fire them now. also the effect are broken as well I can only fire one missile with effect linked (not enough power to fire both missiles tubes) so all ships will basically be non combative if their weapons use support and or effects

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score

Salvage/Beam = Capital class mining ships no longer have to worry about crashing into planets
    Salvage/Missile = Don't need it to look like a brick to do a good job mining, but does need to be very close, and often results in not successfully salvaging every single block.

Suddenly, different playstyles.

Seriously though, the power consumption is something to the tune of twice as high for single salvage cannons as it is for overdriven weapons. It's easier to get out of your ship and mine asteroids by hand than it is to try to use the 5 startup salvage cannon blocks as intended (minus the cannon slave bug caused by there not being a "damage" stat for it to debuff).

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    it is affecting all support slots My missiles which use beam support are non functional since I do not have enough power to fire them now. also the effect are broken as well I can only fire one missile with effect linked (not enough power to fire both missiles tubes) so all ships will basically be non combative if their weapons use support and or effects
    Completely different problem and you should be glad for this change. Before beam slaves didn't add damage so all sniper weapons had 1/2 the DPS of similar sized weapons or 2/3 for those with effects. The added power drain is because of the added damage as power and damage are directly linked.

Reaction score
    hmm, this has me once again at a standstill :(

i, like funnybunny, only play using the crafting system. and if salvaging is broken then it basically is preventing me from playing the game at all. my current mining array is now useless as it runs out of energy almost instantly. and linked cannons has been an issue for a while now. i have no problem redesigning my array or simply making a new one, but if the system is currently broken and it will just be changing again. then everything i have done now will not feel "legit" and as a result i would have to start yet another world.

especially considering the recent crafting overhaul, (and not to mention EPIC GALAXIES!!!!) i think resolving this issue should be a top priority. as i, like surly many others, wont be able to enjoy the new galaxies until this gets resolved.

has this already been reported to the bug tracker? if not let me know and i will write it up with a high priority. (theres been so much activity on the tracker lately iv gotten a little lost lately and am unsure as whats been reported and what hasnt)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    hmm, this has me once again at a standstill :(

i, like funnybunny, only play using the crafting system. and if salvaging is broken then it basically is preventing me from playing the game at all. my current mining array is now useless as it runs out of energy almost instantly. and linked cannons has been an issue for a while now. i have no problem redesigning my array or simply making a new one, but if the system is currently broken and it will just be changing again. then everything i have done now will not feel "legit" and as a result i would have to start yet another world.

especially considering the recent crafting overhaul, (and not to mention EPIC GALAXIES!!!!) i think resolving this issue should be a top priority. as i, like surly many others, wont be able to enjoy the new galaxies until this gets resolved.

has this already been reported to the bug tracker? if not let me know and i will write it up with a high priority. (theres been so much activity on the tracker lately iv gotten a little lost lately and am unsure as whats been reported and what hasnt)
    You are more then welcome to submit a bug report, just check to see if it already exists and don't use high priority unless it actually qualifies for high priority.

Reactions: OdraNoel