Salvage Beams very slow with v0.15

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm not sure if the Salvage Beams were made this slow on purpose or if there is some sort of bug.

Previous to the v0.15 update, my Salvager ship had 0.03 Salvage beams (about 1200 groups). These were great, and I could zoom around the galaxy and suck up asteroids without even needing to come to a full stop. Stations were about a minute to eat, or less if they'd been damaged ( I only sucked up the badly damaged ones, fix and factioned the good ones).

Since the v0.15 update, salvaging has become a painful chore. The beams are so slow! In a way it renders a salvage ship, and the salvage systems, completely useless. Now it's simply quicker to get out of the ship, whack down a build block, and remove upto 8,000 blocks a click with symmetry mode. Is this what was intended with the change, because this is what is happening? The salvage ship itself has become salvage to sell to shops for money, and ships no longer need them fitted as it's more effective to get in that overheating core, or use a build block, and use advanced build mode to salvage.

I see nothing in the little table of combined weapons for modifying the Salvage Computer behaviour with a secondary computer.

Reaction score
    Combine Salvage Beams with AMCs(could be Pulse as well, but I think AMC is correct). That should do the trick. Please note that salvage beams have an issue when combined with a secondary system at the moment. Build both system separately and combine them afterwards (otherwise your game will crash). Same goes for changing anything one those system as well. Disconnect them first and than make changes.

The issue is already reported via the Bug-Tracker and should be fixed with the next update.