Salvage Beams: Use All Linked Storage

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ran into this once and worked around it. Rebuilt my ship and forgot to put the work around in it, ran into it again.

What is it? Massive amounts of lost resources due to the ship's inability to use all of it's linked storage space correctly. I go out mining for a specific resource due to wanting to make a specific kind of hull, run across some pirates. I kill them, salvage their ships, keep on going. I find some asteroids of the wrong type, but eat them anyway, and keep on going. I find the kind of asteroids I want, spend a lot of time eating them, come back home to unload, and...

Not one piece of the ore I went out for. The first box linked filled up on pirates and rocks, and instead of just moving over to one of the other linked storage boxes, it just goes "Whoops, inventory is full, no space left", except that it doesn't bother to notify me that it thinks its full. So an hour's worth of mining and a dozen asteroids of what I wanted, all down the drain because the salvage computer apparently isn't smart enough to see more than one linked box.

Now I can get around it by linking all the boxes together and taking 20 minutes to set all the auto-pulls to move stuff out of the main inbox, but it would be really nice if we could treat all the boxes as being valid targets for the salvage computer, not just the first one.

Or at least give me the "Inventory is Full" notice when it happens. Pwetty pweese?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    It's been a while but I believe that storage sends out a logic or activation signal of some sort when it is full or not full you'll have to ask around for the setup

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It's been a while but I believe that storage sends out a logic or activation signal of some sort when it is full or not full you'll have to ask around for the setup
    the whole point is there shouldn't BE a setup. It should naturally put things in storage.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Don't know why it's doing that, it should be using all the connected storages, report it as a bug.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    As Bench said, it already uses all connected storages. Are you sure you connected them?
    Farming pirates, asteroids and planets in one run can fill up to three storage boxes. And it works for me as it should.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As Bench said, it already uses all connected storages. Are you sure you connected them?
    Are you also sure you connected it not the wrong way around (if that's even possible)?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Don't know why it's doing that, it should be using all the connected storages, report it as a bug.
    Done, bug report #1985. Gratci.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430323384,1430323347][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Are you also sure you connected it not the wrong way around (if that's even possible)?
    And yes, I did have them connected correctly. Ship parts seem to spill over just fine, but the raw crystal/ores do not.