Sabotage/Boarding

Reaction score
    I really like the idea of interior sabotage/boarding parties in starmade. My idea would be having detonators that you can place on certain systems by infiltrating ships, getting pass the crew members by running and gunning, and then getting out just in time to blow up the weapons computers. Or you could sneak into the power block rooms and destroy their power storage, or your could even get into the control room and damage the command block and possibly destroy the ship. Etc.

How you would make this work, you would need a list of changes, that could also be used for far more than just sabotage.

1. More weapons for man to man combat. (Not necessary, but DEFINITELY desirable for this game for multiple reasons.) Differing levels of plasma rifles, rockets, trip mines, deploy-able turrets (Effective against only entities for boarding defenses), etc...

2. Remote detonators/Timed detonators (Either blocks or items) - This would also be used for more than

3. Short Distance Teleporting devices - These would only work if shields are down

4. Make it so NPC's can be outfitted with guns and armors so they can fight off would be saboteurs.

5. Repair tools to fix blocks that were damaged.

I just would really like more than just ship verses ship. It would make cloaking and cloak detection SOOO much more worth it.

Reactions: kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, the old rating was removed, so now you'll must have to read it between these lines;
    1. Planned.
    2. This can be created using logic.
    3. Unknown whether we'll get that.
    4. Most likely going to be implemented.
    5. This is already in the game.
    I'm sorry, but you obviously don't know how many threads we get in which someone suggests more things for player to player combat.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, the old rating was removed, so now you'll must have to read it between these lines;
    1. Planned.
    I'm sorry, but you obviously don't know how many threads we get in which someone suggests more things for player to player combat.
    wait why were the neutral rating removed since in some cases they are needed.

Reaction score
    1. Planned.
    There are repair beams that can be held by an Entity and not a ship?[DOUBLEPOST=1416294967,1416294211][/DOUBLEPOST]also how do you make detonators?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I really like the idea of interior sabotage/boarding parties in starmade. My idea would be having detonators that you can place on certain systems by infiltrating ships, getting pass the crew members by running and gunning, and then getting out just in time to blow up the weapons computers. Or you could sneak into the power block rooms and destroy their power storage, or your could even get into the control room and damage the command block and possibly destroy the ship. Etc.

How you would make this work, you would need a list of changes, that could also be used for far more than just sabotage.

1. More weapons for man to man combat. (Not necessary, but DEFINITELY desirable for this game for multiple reasons.) Differing levels of plasma rifles, rockets, trip mines, deploy-able turrets (Effective against only entities for boarding defenses), etc...

2. Remote detonators/Timed detonators (Either blocks or items) - This would also be used for more than

3. Short Distance Teleporting devices - These would only work if shields are down

4. Make it so NPC's can be outfitted with guns and armors so they can fight off would be saboteurs.

5. Repair tools to fix blocks that were damaged.

I just would really like more than just ship verses ship. It would make cloaking and cloak detection SOOO much more worth it.
    2. : We could have some mob entity-based explosives that could be placed on enemy ships and detonated with a remote (like C4).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is a personal repair beam. Make sure you have the latest version, and not an old universe, and you should find it in your inventory.

There is a disintegrator. If you hit it with a weapon, or a ship hits it, it will explode. It should also be able to be triggered by logic. Make a timer, link it to a disintegrator, and whatever it is you want to blow up will be blown to pieces (thanks to the effect).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    disintegration don't explode and get destroyed anymore, they don't damage the ship with disintergraters

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    why would teleporters not work if the shields are up? then there is no point to boarding since when a ships shields are down you can just kill it easily

Reaction score
    why would teleporters not work if the shields are up? then there is no point to boarding since when a ships shields are down you can just kill it easily
    Good Point. I guess that's the point of short range teleport.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Probably because of how they work in Star Trek I'd assume.

If someone has the intention of boarding the ship, more likely than not it's to keep the ship in one piece and not destroy it, but kill the people on the ship to take the ship or valuables in storage. Or transport aboard an ally ship quickly. I think teleporters are a cool idea, but how would their destination be determined? I can see intra-ship teleporters on a single entity very easily with linking, but how otherwise? The only thing that comes to mind is using the actual sector XYZ coordinates, which would be very unwieldy and utterly impractical for moving ships, defeating the purpose almost.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Probably because of how they work in Star Trek I'd assume.

If someone has the intention of boarding the ship, more likely than not it's to keep the ship in one piece and not destroy it, but kill the people on the ship to take the ship or valuables in storage. Or transport aboard an ally ship quickly. I think teleporters are a cool idea, but how would their destination be determined? I can see intra-ship teleporters on a single entity very easily with linking, but how otherwise? The only thing that comes to mind is using the actual sector XYZ coordinates, which would be very unwieldy and utterly impractical for moving ships, defeating the purpose almost.
    Ok, I am used to how it works in the game FTL where you can board even if shields are up, however you can't if the enemy has a zoltan shield (strong shield).

Anyway, teleporting could just be
    - player/dave stands on teleport pad
    - pilot of ship has locked on the enemy ship with teleporter module
    - pilot "shoots" the teleport module
    - player/dave is automatically grappled to the enemy ship and is teleported to and open area closest to the core.

* Make it so that player weapons can bypass shields when destroying doors, computers and cores to make them be able to break in and wreak havoc :D. Also will emphasize booby trap, hiring daves etc to guard the core/computers!

- dave ai should target doors and computers to get to the core of the enemy ship that was locked on with the teleport module before.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I can see intra-ship teleporters on a single entity very easily with linking, but how otherwise? The only thing that comes to mind is using the actual sector XYZ coordinates, which would be very unwieldy and utterly impractical for moving ships, defeating the purpose almost.
    Yeah, I'm thinking there is going to have to be some sort of heirarchical destination-selection system that can only select certain destination systems. (Teleporter landing pads or something like that.) So, heirarchy: first select a destination structure, then select the destination "pad". (Pads or other destination systems should probably be name-able, so that different destinations can be given meaningful names. E.g. Teleport to Alpha level aft on ship X. Teleport to City Hall on tectonic plate X on planet Y. Teleport to Medical bay on space station Z. etc.)

Teleporting down to the planet? You're gonna have to send down a landing party in a shuttle to set up a pad, unless your destination is an abandoned city or other structure that has a pre-existing pad. (Neat!)