???? S T A R M A D E   R A C E   L E A G U E ????

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    *note* This idea is only theoretical (at the moment). If I find enough interest in this league, I will consider turning it into a reality. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE POST.

????Starmade Race League????

Introduction:

The Starmade Race League is a unique racing experience filled with hair-raising action, tactics, and (most importantly) fun! Teams of two are pitted againsted each other in a death race. One teammate drives the ship while the other controls a turret attached to the ship's hull. The goal of the race is not only to complete 20 laps around the track but also to attack other competing ships while defending your own.

The Race Stages:

Each race consists of three different stages:

1. The Pregame Lag Test. If the majority of teams have a significant disadvantage due to a poor internet connection, the race chief may opt to move the race to a different server. If only a few of the teams are experiencing connection issues, no change will take place.
    2. The Build Stage. The teams are given 10 minutes to design a race-winning speeder using any and all items at their disposal. This stage is a crucial component to the race, as a fast and powerful speeder can make the difference between a win and a loss.
    3. The Race Stage. The most exciting portion of the race. Teams line up at the start line preparing for their 20 laps to victory. racers are encouraged to attack other speeders to improve their spot in the race.

Advanced Rules:

1. All speeders must fit within the predefined dimensions (dimensions may vary and are disclosed by the race chief at the start of the build stage). Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
    2. All speeders must display their team's qualifying number (similar to how racecars have their team's number painted on the side). This is to help race officials track the progress of each speeder. Failure to do so will result in diqualification.
    3. All speeders must have exactly two seats: the driver's seat and the turret's seat.
    4. Attacking any of the following is strictly forbidden and will result in disqualification:

• Any race official
      • Any speeder prior to the start of the race stage
      • The race course
      • Any ship not partaking in the race
      • ANY SPEEDER THAT IS DISABLED (defined in rule no. 10)
    5. If for any reason a speeder falls off the track during a race, that speeder must return to the track where it had fallen out. Failure to do so will count as cutting a corner and will result in disqualification.
    6. Cutting corners and taking shortcuts are strictly forbidden and will result in immediate disqualification.
    7. Tampering with another team's speeder in any way prior to the start of the race stage is forbidden.
    8. Dying/respawning during the race stage counts as a disqualification.
    9. In the event a speeder takes severe damage, that speeder may exit the race course to make repairs. The race will not delay during this time.
    10. A speeder is considered disabled if:

• That speeder has no engines/thrusters to move.
      • That speeder's turret has no more functioning weapons and/or has been destroyed.
      • That speeder's core is overheating.

So guys tell me what you think! Please let me know in the replies if you would be interested in taking part in this by filling out the form below:

Name:
    (In game name)

Position:
    (Racer, official, track builder, etc.)

Extra Info:
    (Any extra information about yourself)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    HI

IGN Tilbo

Trackbuilder

I build small ships