RuntimeException Error on Mac

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hiya.

I recently caught wind of the new update and thought I should give it a spin! Unfortunately, the game seems to disagree with my enthusiasm for the weapons overhaul.

Whether in Single Player or Multiplayer, just before the game is finished loading I get hit with this error.

I immediately went to check if my drivers are up to date. Turns out, on a Mac I can't update my drivers through Intel's site. They are automatically updated with every OS update, and I am currently running the latest version of the MacOS. High Sierra v10.13.2.

I'm hoping someone can help me find a way to work around this, or, if it's unfortunately, time to nail the coffin on my MacBook. I'm not extremely savvy with all the troubleshooting stuff I may need to know, but here's a shot of my computer's basic specs as well.

[doublepost=1531546377,1531544600][/doublepost]UPDATE: I'm not that smart apparently.
    Since I'm able to load into the menu, I decided to play around with the settings, and noticed one of the adv. graphics settings had (FBO req) next to it, and was toggled on. I thought, hmm, maybe this is why it won't load. I checked it off. Upon loading the game again, I got the same error, but this time my screen wasn't horrendously locked up and I tried to click 'exit' which gave me a brand new error! Progress!
    This one specifically noted the framebuffer operations and I took a look through my settings once more, and found a box ticked for that as well. After turning that off as well, I am currently able to run the game perfectly fine with a fairly good frame rate to boot. Hurray for persistence.
    [doublepost=1531547739][/doublepost]UPDATE 2: Aaaand, once more, it gives me the error. As far as I know, I haven't changed a thing. It let me load into a singleplayer game, and a multiplayer one. I tried to go back to singleplayer and it once again gives me the original error. I am truly at a loss.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    UPDATE 3: Hopefully, the last update. Simply turning my default graphics settings to 'Low' has made the game playable once more. It cannot be on anything but low. I'm not 100% sure what the cause is, but if I mess with any of the settings so that it switches to 'Custom', it once again gives me the error. I have now washed my hands of all settings functions, and am resigned to any issues henceforth that this may cause. Hopefully, I can just enjoy blowing myself up from negative integrity for a while.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm having the exact same problem, Been playing Starmade for years at max settings on my Mac but this update is a no go. I'm staying on 0.200.335 bc that's the only version I can get to work right now. I don't even know how to get the logs, the usual crash report thing doesn't work.

MacOS 10.12.6
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    8GB RAM, 1867 Mhz DDR3
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Can't guarantee this will work for you, but I've gotten my game running and it's still very playable.

First: In Graphics turn your graphics mode to Low. Tried Medium, doesn't want to work still.

Next, go to Adv. Graphics and make sure both your Procedural Background and Framebuffer are set to off.
    If you have to turn them off still, it may change your graphics mode to custom, but it will retain the general low settings besides what you ticked off. You can try playing around with it more, and see if any other settings work still for you. But this is what stopped giving me the error for the moment.