Suggestion Rule addition: Disallow the posting of exploits

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    This isn't something that needs to be happening. I remember when a certain member posted a long list of things he does to gain advantages in the game, and a fair few of those were exploits (such as one involving asteroids).

Every other game I know of disallows the posting of blatant exploits on the main forums except for Starmade. We should be encouraging bugs to be submitted to the bug tracker, not posted in public for unsavory individuals to abuse.

I request that posts containing descriptions of exploits be either edited or deleted - not necessarily with warning points attached, as it's a very rare occurrance.

For these purposes, an "exploit" is something that would be listed in the Bug Tracker as a private entry.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Good question I'm currently trying to figure out how to privately report a way of killing people in protected sectors. Only thing I can do at the moment is post a bug report for all to see.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Good question I'm currently trying to figure out how to privately report a way of killing people in protected sectors. Only thing I can do at the moment is post a bug report for all to see.
    There's a "Private" tick box at the top right of the bug report box on bugs.star-made.org, I believe.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes, it has a "private" checkbox.

Our new tracker has any report "hidden from public" by default until reviewed by a tester.
    So after reading it, we decide if its okay to have it public or leave it closed.

- Andy