Ruger Design Co.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hello and welcome to Ruger Design Co.! Here I will post ships that I have created.

Eviscerator-class Cruiser v1.0 (MAJOR UPDATE! Complete at last!)
    This cruiser is designed as a combat-RP ship. I tried to make it efficient and well-armed while still having a mid-sized RP interior and decent-looking exterior. The interior is a bit cramped on purpose - I was going for a warship-type feel and, moreover, wanted to keep abundant room for systems.

Stats:
    Mass: 117.2k
    Thrust: 93.8k
    Energy per second: Approx. 8 million
    Energy storage: 170.2mil
    Shield capacity: 18.1mil
    Shields per second: 1.5mil

The Eviscerator is Ruger Design Co.'s first complete cruiser-class vessel. It is designed to act as a tank and anti-fighter boat, using large amounts of shield generation each second to counteract high DPS while simultaneously ripping bombers, fighters and other small vessels to shreds using its 12 tri-barreled "Hailstorm" anti-fighter turrets. It is, however, also equipped with three "Minotaur" quint-barreled artillery cannons that can be used to engage larger targets when the need arises. To defend against long-range attacks by missile boats or bombers, the Eviscerator is armed with eight deployable "Smokescreen" quad-barreled point defense batteries. If the ship needs to directly involve itself in combat, it is also equipped with two very powerful lock-on high-explosive missile tubes. These missiles should be used carefully because it takes nearly the whole of the ship's power capacity to fire them. In the event that its shield regeneration cannot overcome damage being dealt, it has a mid-sized reserve of 18 million shields and some armor layering to fall back on. Should the Eviscerator become outmatched in a fight, its large amount of thrust is able to accelerate the vessel to top speeds quickly, enabling it to retreat to friendly territory with minimal damage. The ship's interior is not very expansive but is adequate for its purposes. On the first deck there are two airlocks and the bridge, from which the ship can be put on red alert. The second deck includes four crew quarters (each room can accommodate two crew members) and a mess hall. The third deck has the transporter room and a doorway to the tram system. The forward area contains the shuttle bay and interior mechanisms for the Smokescreen turrets. The midsection contains the three decks and the aftmost portion contains the reactor core room which is protected by two 2x3x2 (long, high, wide) sliding blast doors and a combination lock (default code: 4113).

Exterior images:

Interior images:

More pictures here:
    www.imgur.com/a/3EylW

Download: http://starmadedock.net/content/eviscerator-class-cruiser.3690/

v1.0 Changes:
    Added aft engine pods
    - Buffed thrust to 93k to counteract increasing mass
    Added primary lock-on explosive missiles
    -Buffed power storage to 170m so they could actually fire
    Added general color scheme to interior & exterior (black and blue, black blue and white, respectively)
    - Painted hull
    Redid designs on the missile tubes
    Added 8 rail-driven deployable point defense turrets to front section
    Added a lot of logic to the elevator: Once in transit, call buttons cannot change the elevator's destination (though the buttons in the elevator can), green lights on each deck indicate the elevator is going to (or is at) that deck.
    Added a sixth and seventh docked reactor to compensate for immense power drain of engines and to rebuild stores faster after missile launch
    Overhauled interior paint scheme and design
    Stress tested and (hopefully) fool-proofed all logic systems
    Fixed glitchy power supply beam
    Fixed a few logic anomalies relating to combination lock
    - Apologies, wrote the wrong combination again. It's 4113 not 4331. Updated in description.

Dissonance-class Transport Gunship v1.1 (Complete)
    This is mostly an RP ship, though it would probably be effective in PvP if a situation where a gunship was needed arose and there were no enemy fighters around (they would make short work of this, as it is primarily an anti-infantry and anti-small defense ship)

WARNING: Do not take into planet gravity fields, as despite having a higher than 1:1 thrust:mass ratio the ship has a very hard time getting out of gravity. As testing has shown, it takes a very large amount of thrust (587) to be able to exit gravity fields with ease. This is not, however, a large drawback because all of the screenshots shown were taken while the ship was not being affected by gravity. It can easily get close enough to planet surfaces to attack and drop troops.

Stats:
    Mass: 286
    Thrust: 338
    E/sec: 19,355
    E capacity: 72,440
    Shield capacity: 0
    S/sec: 0

The Dissonance is exactly what it says on the tin - a transport gunship. With a carrying capacity of
    10, mass of 286 and thrust of 338 it can drop a sizable force on the ground and retreat to a safer position in under 20 seconds. The Dissonance can then easily circle back around to friendly positions and offer heavy anti-infantry fire support with its rapidly-repeating "Deluge" AI-controlled cannon. Should the enemy decide that they want to take cover or hide inside a fortified bunker, the Dissonance is also equipped with twin missile batteries located on either side of the transport bay. These missiles will make short work of deployable or natural cover and, thanks to the Dissonance's robust power supply, can be used in conjunction with the Deluge cannon during day or week-long sieges to wear down fortification defenses and annihilate any enemy who shows their face. The Dissonance's large cockpit allows for high visibility and situational awareness of the pilot. In addition, the Dissonance is also equipped with (purely aesthetic) VTOL engines. At a later date I will release a version that does not have these engines and is more PvP-oriented and carrier-friendly.

Exterior images:

Interior images:

Download: www.starmadedock.net/content/ruger-design-co-dissonance-class.3714/

Update v1.1: Added fins on top/bottom, added white secondary color, upped thrust by 10 units. Screenshots updated to show changes.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Due to my PC shutting off while StarMade was running and SM deciding to kill itself and corrupt my world and some settings the other night, I have been unable to make progress on the Eviscerator. I was attempting to find whatever in the world was corrupted so I could restore all the other files. It worked, to an extent - I managed to get back most of the entities in the world but a good 1/4 of them (including the ship and some other projects) disappeared. Strangely, most of the docked objects (turrets, doors, turret guns) stayed while the big ships vanished. I'll probably end up just reloading the v0.95 blueprint and redoing all the changes I had made. I'd also like to say that I don't plan on releasing v1.0 until Friday or Saturday-ish because there are some things in real life I'd like to get done first.

On the bright side, this gave me an excuse to work on something I've wanted to build for some time - the Dissonance-class transport gunship.
    Main post has been updated with details, more pictures and download.

On a side note, I'm reformatting my OP and would like to know how to gauge a ship's DPS. If anyone can tell me, please send me a message.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Work continues on the Eviscerator. After studying some of the better-looking ships here on the docks, I think I'm on the right track:

And an interior shot of the finished mess hall:

Still a ways to go until I plan to release v1.0, however. Need to fix that glitching beam (I've tried a few things, none of them worked. Will probably end up having to redo the whole thing) and I have a couple ideas to spice up the areas of the hull that are still on the bland side.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    At last, the Eviscerator's first release version is ready. The changelog since v0.95 is massive and I probably won't be able to remember everything, so I'll do my best:

v1.0 Changes:
    Added aft engine pods
    - Buffed thrust to 93k to counteract increasing mass
    Added primary lock-on explosive missiles
    -Buffed power storage to 170m so they could actually fire
    Added general color scheme to interior & exterior (black and blue, black blue and white, respectively)
    - Painted hull
    Redid designs on the missile tubes
    Added 8 rail-driven deployable point defense turrets to front section
    Added a lot of logic to the elevator: Once in transit, call buttons cannot change the elevator's destination (though the buttons in the elevator can), green lights on each deck indicate the elevator is going to (or is at) that deck.
    Added a sixth and seventh docked reactor to compensate for immense power drain of engines and to rebuild stores faster after missile launch
    Overhauled interior paint scheme and design
    Stress tested and (hopefully) fool-proofed all logic systems
    Fixed glitchy power supply beam
    Fixed a few logic anomalies relating to combination lock

Many thanks to Tshara for his feedback on this project - I doubt I'd have come half this far without him.

I'll update the main post and download as soon as I am able.

Following the completion of the Eviscerator, I have a few plans for the interior space that is still unused but I will get to those later. I've been wanting to build an RP ship that I've drawn a few rough sketches of - the Obsidian-class minelayer.

The Eviscerator, complete at last:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So after wanting to make a minelayer and finding out mines were impractical, wanting to make a planetary siege vessel then having the hull not turn out well, I've settled on creating the Demeter-class Technological Warfare and Reconnaissance Vessel. I like the direction the ship is going, but it still needs a LOT of work. I plan to add more detailing (and revise the current details), a full RP interior (much, much larger than the Eviscerator's) and a few really cool logic features. Some screenshots of what is currently done:

Outer hull

C&C Center