Read by Schine RTS AI

Reaction score
    I think the best way to make the game more alive is to incorporate a simple higher strategic control for the AI factions which could build/spawn npc ships based on resource accumulation and send them to hostile factions sectors to capture or raid them. When the player is not within a certain range of the faction the ai could be "despawned" and simulated by "weighted dice roles" such that the outcome of capturing a sector or destroying a ship would be random but weighted depending on the size of the ships and their weapons ect. in order to reduce stress on performance.
    Basically adding higher level AI could create a wide range of scenarios which could occur randomly while also creating a world for the player to be part of and interact with.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I agree. Strategic-level faction AI of some sort needs to be part of the expanded factions Schine plans to implement. Not necessarily just for combat, IMO. The trade guild faction should have a high-level AI that tries to build shops, transfers resources, and make money. Other factions may similarly have needs that aren't directly combat related.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Reminds me of the game X3:Reunion
    I agree. Strategic-level faction AI of some sort needs to be part of the expanded factions Schine plans to implement. Not necessarily just for combat, IMO. The trade guild faction should have a high-level AI that tries to build shops, transfers resources, and make money. Other factions may similarly have needs that aren't directly combat related.
    Sounds like the game X3:Reunion. There was trade traffic that actually engaged in trade with ai and player stations if the price was right and pirate traffic traveling through systems I think there was civilian traffic.