(RP ) What if we would have security and crew fully customizable?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    In my current project, a motion-tracker, I try to track the position of players on a ship.

Related Discussions and Projects:
    1. http://starmadedock.net/threads/pro...ter-updated-with-ram-module-todo-upload.2920/
    2. http://starmadedock.net/threads/rp-what-if-we-would-have-security-and-crew-fully-customizable.2953/
    Related Community Content:
    1. http://starmadedock.net/content/logic-palette_ram_-_neonsturm.1317/
    Related Suggested Features:
    1. http://starmadedock.net/threads/new-block-logic-user-reference.2404/#post-35427
    2. http://starmadedock.net/threads/improvements-to-display-block-variables.2807/

I have finished a modular RAM which requires approximately 1 minute per 64 bit RAM to setup ( http://starmadedock.net/threads/pro...ter-updated-with-ram-module-todo-upload.2920/ ) - 4 bits per row in 4 rows in 4 banks
    Please push it if you like it (I don't want to double post and nearly finished another component :D)

Disclaimer((only ~1 minute with fixed copy+paste in the new dev, excluding initial work for downloading/building the templates))​
    That is enough to store the data from either:
    1. 5.33 blocks (do you see the joke?)
    2. 2 times a 10bit^3 position on a 1024^3 sized ship.
    3. a password with 16 * 16 (hexadecimal) buttons, or 8 small passwords (4 buttons, 4 times).
    in a 9^3 or 10^3 area with 9^3 blocks

The finished system should be able to remember which passwords you have entered and your rank as long as you cross nobody's path who didn't enter this password or has a lower privilege level.
    The time where ships are just space-stones with thrusters and weapons has come to an end!

You are soon going to have NPCs which are Mechanics, Captains or just guests, thus you need passwords for different ranks!

Not all doors are for the public or inexperienced crew members and only the security should be able to override door locks.

Only female security guards should be able to force-override the wash-room security of a female's cabin without 1-3 minutes delay and only male guards should do that on the males toilets.​

Thus I am collecting in this thread ideas for:
    1. Ranks
      1. Command Ranks
      2. Command rights in which Branches
        1. Engineering (captain can only command what and which given option)
        2. Security (captain can only choose who, not what)
        3. Medical (can suspend captain, but not command piloting)
        4. Piloting (commanded by the captain)
        5. Moderator (who has right to speak now)
        6. Politicians
    2. Permissions for ranks
    3. Ideas where to use a security lock

Ideas so far:
    1. Command Ranks (not every Rank has to be manned on all ships. One can have more ranks in different branches)
      1. Command Ranks
        1. Admiral
        2. General
        3. Co-Captain
        4. Bridge Officer
        5. Navigator
        6. Pilot
        7. Ensign
        8. Ranks (for the case everybody else died or is not here right now)
          1. Engineers
          2. Medics
          3. ...
      2. Medic Ranks
        1. The Holographic Doctor with all human knowledge
        2. Chief Doc
        3. Doctor
        4. Assistant
        5. Ranks (if no Medic is here)
          1. Commanders
          2. Engineers
          3. ...
      3. Security Ranks
        1. Master-Chief
        2. Chief
        3. Security Officer
          1. often the Bridge Officer if no dedicated Security (Spock :))
          2. At least one is on the bridge all the time on bigger ships
    2. Sub Ranks (on bigger or military ships)
      1. Primary (8th to 16th hour of the day)
      2. - Secondary (16th to 24th hour of the day)
      3. - Tertiary (24 to 8th hour of the day)
      4. - Reserve (when needed)
    3. Ordering (When ranks and sub ranks aren't sufficient, this will suffice)
      1. Thrusted
      2. ...
      3. Experienced (after last thrusted)
      4. ...
      5. Liked (after last experienced)
      6. ...
      7. Newbies
      8. ...
      9. Dishonoured
      10. ...

Another part I want to know are which protocols are to use?

Speaking (if everything is out of control, we need moderators and a protocol)
    1. Higher rank speaks first.
    2. Higher rank Moderator can shut lower rank moderator.
    3. Moderator can assign speaker independent of his rank, but not to himself.

Command (2-captains idea)
    1. Nobody can command directly, but one (usually the captain) can suggest a move.
    2. Peoples can tell opinions, except on urgency of making a move.
    3. Only another (second captain or lieutenant?) can confirm the move, making it a command after a delay
      1. delay time dependent on the alert-status, situation or urgency of action.
      2. usually about 5 seconds without somebody speaking
    4. then the command has to be executed by responsible person (pilot, navigator, ...).

Repair energy and signal relays
    1. Relay should be locked (maybe 1-3 representative signal or energy relay on RP ships?)
      1. Consoles using this delay or controlling functions using it are notified and have to allow replacement.
      2. Or signal/energy flow is redirected by a switch to other working redundant relays.
    2. Repair locked first before locking another.
    3. Unlock relay.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Dishonoured and below deserve only bullets to the back of their skulls. Or asteroid exile if I feel benevolent. Which I don't. Ever.

Only female security guards should be able to force-override the wash-room security without 1-3 minutes seconds delay and only male guards should do that on the males toilets.
    What?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Or asteroid exile if I feel benevolent
    Is this benevolent?

Only female security guards should be able to force-override the wash-room security without 1-3 minutes seconds delay and only male guards should do that on the males toilets.
    What?
    You found the easter-egg? :D

Maybe was a bit fast and distracted while writing that. Fixed, thanks for finding this bug :cool:

Only female security guards should be able to force-override the wash-room security of a female's cabin without 1-3 minutes delay and only male guards should do that on the males toilets.