RP rooms for ships Suggestions Please!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I want to know what kind of rooms I can make in my ship for RP purposes for my space station. I have already have Bedrooms (for commanders), Showers/bathroom, Chest rooms, Teleporter room, Bridge, Airlock, Hanger, Area for crew to sleep, mess hall, kitchen, factory room, and media room...

I would really like to hear your suggestions for rooms and as much as you can list..

List of RP rooms:

• Med Lab/Infirmary/Sick Bay (or all three, if you can distinguish between each)
    • Science Lab
    • Engineering
    • Energy/Power Storage
    • Reactor Room
    • Repair Lab
    • Recreation Room
    • Aboretum
    • Aeroponics
    • Ground Troop Embarkation Bay (ie Cheyenne Dropship bay and armoury in Aliens)
    • Armoury
    • Weapon Batteries and/or Fire Control Room/s
    • Briefing/Conference Room/s

The above is suggested by: 22SAS_Wimp

[*]brig

[*]Holodeck

[*]Water Treatment/Storage
    [*]Life Support
    [*]Combat Information Center (for larger ships)
    [*]Molecular Replication Lab
    [*]Cargo Holds
    [*]Drone Bays

[*]A school - if you are going to build a city ship.
    [*]Borg regeneration chambers
    [*]Jefferies tubes
    [*]A small yard for drones and fighters...
    [*]Escape pods
    [*]Police Station
    [*]Post office
    [*]A room benith the stairs
    [*]Targeting range

[*]Clone Bay

[*]Combat Information Center
    [*]Cargo Airlocks
    [*]Capital ship repair hangar
    [*]Comms room
    [*]Guest quarters
    [*]Escape pod bays
    [*]Engineering tunnels
    [*]AI room
    [*]Tactical Planning room
    [*]Banquet hall
    [*]Chapel
    [*]ER
    [*]Cryogenic Freezing room
    [*]Food Storage
    [*]Spare parts room

[*]Launch Platform

Reaction score
    Med Lab/Infirmary/Sick Bay (or all three, if you can distinguish between each); Science Lab; Engineering; Energy/Power Storage; Reactor Room; Repair Lab; Recreation Room; Aboretum; Aeroponics; Ground Troop Embarkation Bay (ie Cheyenne Dropship bay and armoury in Aliens); Armoury; Weapon Batteries and/or Fire Control Room/s; Briefing/Conference Room/s.

That\'s all I can come up with right now. ;)

Reaction score
    That is about the second most important one. :D

A kind of Holodeck? A circular corridor with rooms attached, that all show a different landscape, or something like that.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    These are good suggestions, why didn\'t I think about it...

If anyone has anymore please suggest it and I will make a list for all the suggestions and who suggested it...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Water Treatment/Storage
    • Life Support
    • Combat Information Center (for larger ships)
    • Molecular Replication Lab
    • Cargo Holds
    • Drone Bays

Also, I think the type of rooms you\'d want to have on your ship depend on what setting you are going for. What is the state of your particular universe? Is it low fantasy or high fantasy, i.e. how much fiction is in your science fiction? Case in point, if your ship is powered by some type of \"real world\" plausible tech such as a nuclear reactor then you are tending toward low fantasy. However, if your ship is powered by some sort of inexhaustible unobtainium, you are tending more toward high fantasy.

Most of what has been suggested so far is plausible in both settings, but when you move towards Teleporters and Holodecks, I think you are tending toward high fantasy. There is nothing wrong with either of those suggestions, but I have my doubts that if your tech hasn\'t progressed beyond nuclear powered steam electricity generation and solid fuel pods, you\'ll have anything like a teleporter.

Reaction score
    Private Comms Room to chat across the galaxy in private, standing in a circular room to capture a 3d image of yourself to who you talk to and vice versa.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That is the holodeck Squirrel :)

I would add guest quarters...

A school - if you are going to build a city ship.

Borg regeneration chambers (Maybe you will get 7of9 clones :)

Jefferies tubes

A small yard for drones and fighters...

Escape pods (best to make all hallways 4x4 and your 2x2x2 chests ships are docked in 7x7x7 rooms.

I would also add a room for 2-3 reserve turrets if you have many similar.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don\'t know if this is required for RP, but with the right custom blocks I think it is a good one:

• A credits room - or hall of fame - for the original authors of a ship design if it is taken from other games, for other peoples help developing the design, etc.
    • Depending on where you use it (station, ship size) you may want to list your faction members or have a wanted/bounty-list.

Other more cross-server rooms and equipment:

• A Police office - or Security room
    • Post-office (has a few small AI ships with 1 Plex-store for low-volume deliveries)

can also be used to store / hold ready emergency-equipment like spare cores, a few thrusters, SD-HCTs a Plex-Store and hull blocks... to help stranded faction mates or someone who runs out of inventar (I don\'t know a good name for this room).

[*]a room beneath the stairs for Harry Potter - or your janitor :D
    [*]targeting practice room (hand guns) which also servers as sport/fitness room.

Reaction score
    A targeting range is a cool idea! Just be sure (those who do it) that whatever you\'re shooting at doesn\'t have a Faction Block on it with a faction signiture. lol

Reaction score
    Clone bay

EVA bay (extra vechiular activity) so mechs, small craft repair drones basically things that aren\'t shuttels or fighters

radar room (make it on the outside make a turret shaped like a radar dish and put some amc\'s in the center so it will actually track,

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Combat Information Center
    Cargo Airlocks
    Capital ship repair hangar
    Comms room
    Guest quarters
    Escape pod bays
    Engineering tunnels
    AI room
    Tactical Planning room
    Banquet hall
    Chapel
    ER
    Cryogenic Freezing room
    Food Storage
    Spare parts room

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Regarding:

• Energy/Power Storage
    • Reactor Room

For reactors, they are not just a bunch of atoms in your engine room.

I would like to know how RP players handle it. Do they just show the joint of a 3D cross in some engine room, or need all wires accessible? How thick can the walls be - when is maintenance possible/not possible (for RP)?

I know, it may be different from server to server, but it would be good to have not just a list of rooms. I would like some guide/wiki page about different standards (high RP standards, average)...

But I am not experienced enough to do and know it (that is why I would like a wiki page about it).

Reaction score
    How about a launch catapult?

For those who don\'t know what one is; a launch catapult is often seen in Animes of the Mecha genre for launching fighters and mechs from ships, check them out on youtube :3 you can build a working one with pulsators, I just need to find somone to test my prototype with

Reaction score
    Since the OP seems to keep this updated and a separate thread would introduce many redundancies, I\'d like to suggest a slight expansion of the topic towards starship systems.

Let me explain: While I generally like the style of i.e. Star Wars ships, many of them have exposed parts like pipes. That doesn\'t make much sense to me, this stuff should be covered with hull. However, since fully hulled ships tend to look boring without details, and details without a practical purpose behind them are dumb, I\'d like to collect some ship systems that would require hull modifications.

First, the obvious ones that we build anyway:

• Engines/Maneuvering Thrusters
    • Weapons
    • Turrets

Now the rest:

• Cooling system

In space we have no air, so to keep the temperature of our starship balanced, we must add stuff to our hull where the excessive energy can radiate into space.
    • Deflector screen projector
    • Fuel intake
    • Sensor array
      Starships are blind without sensors. It probably mainly consists of antennas (ordinary, parabolic, array, ...)
    • Communications array
      We need this to communicate with other starships (see above).

• Heavy armor plating and Mechanical ray/blast shields

We may need this to protect critical parts of the ship.

Does someone have any further suggestions?

Reaction score
    I suggest an expansive public toilet with professional maintenance support 24/7

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Has no one suggested bathrooms yet? ((hah someone did while I was writing!))
    Every ship needs a bathroom per certain number of crew.
    Showers?

Ships should have separate areas for various departments, so the intelligence section would be separate from the Engineering section. Engineering personell should be housed as near as possible to their department, with basic support facilities nearby. Public support facilities should be in common areas toward the center of the ship.
    Example: On the HMS-Triumphant (crew approx. 500) There are barracks for a battalion of marines (eight platoons). They are housed on two decks toward the front of the ship, with two Mess halls, officer\'s club, arms lockers, cryo sections and gym. Their specialized equipment is stored farthest forward, while the gym is farthest back, to allow other members of the crew (if they dare) to work out there as well. There are a total of ten bathrooms and four shower blocks in marine country, with emergency airlocks available as well.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Here\'s some examples of different RP rooms in this album. I\'m such a nice guy, I won\'t even imbed them.

http://imgur.com/a/Gra1g