Read by Schine Rotators like the new Fleet Rail Basic

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Schema / Schine,

Any chance we can get rotators to go with the new fleet rail basics?

There are a lot of useful things we could use these for.
    • Interior of large stations where ships could be redirected internally without the rail crossing over and interfering with other movements inside the station. Continues the illusion the ship is being directed by some kind of forcefield or tractor beam. Same, could be handy for cargo handling.
    • Good for display purposes, where you want something to appear like it's just rotating inside some kind of energy field or something. Mind you, I can do this by hiding the rotator under something already, but there is the issue of mass.
    I'm sure others in the community could come up with other fun stuff.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    This would be great to have nicer flight paths that could rotate before entering the shop.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I don't see why this can't happen. Either we are still conservative with our blocks or the others did not see the need for it. I will archive this suggestions for future discussion.

Reaction score
    As a side note, there is also no good way to get logic signals from ships docked to the new fleet rails. You can use an activation modules like normal rails, but they are visible and don't work if your rails clip through your ship.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    As a side note, there is also no good way to get logic signals from ships docked to the new fleet rails. You can use an activation modules like normal rails, but they are visible and don't work if your rails clip through your ship.
    Yeah, I did come to this same conclusion when adapting these blocks to my turbo lift rails.

Short answer would be to make the logic blocks like the new rails. This would be great for size issues on our entities/structures.
    Either that or a toggle component in advanced build mode to make logic blocks like the new rails when required maybe.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I would love invisible activators. They would have to have no logic pipe obviously. Invisible button would not be needed per sey as you can just link the activator to a button elsewhere to make it function like a button.

Reaction score
    Please add the rotators. You can do with pickup rails so many cool things, not only carrier/fleet actions.

Btw. please add a hidden button so you can trigger logic on pickup rails

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Please add the rotators. You can do with pickup rails so many cool things, not only carrier/fleet actions.

Btw. please add a hidden button so you can trigger logic on pickup rails
    They have to add an activator but they don't have to add a button. Both would be fine but if we only get one the activator is the obvious choice. An activator can be made to act like a button but a button cannot be made to act like an activator.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    They have to add an activator but they don't have to add a button. Both would be fine but if we only get one the activator is the obvious choice. An activator can be made to act like a button but a button cannot be made to act like an activator.
    I think he may have meant activator.
    If the take the approach of modifying the existing logic and rails to be ethereal like the new rails, this will solve the issue. And you would only require the new shoot out rail and pickup area.
    I think it would be better using the existing area activation module & switches instead of the pickup.

So effectively, you could reclaim 2 block ID's and allow for huge simplification of our logic use.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457555081,1457554991][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, on the making existing ethereal I mean a switch allowing to be or not be ethereal. As I mentioned earlier with an advanced build tick option or something.