Rotating objects and logic: My Questions.

Reaction score
    Thanks to this community I have gotten much better with Logic than I was when I started. However, I am still having difficulties with objects that are rotating and logic.

Now I can make a spinning shield for ships. I can start it and stop it as needed now. (Fun Concept ship I'll have to post pics of some time).

What I'm looking to do, is have it so that when each arm reaches/passes point (x) that action (y) happens.
    I have not gotten that down as of yet, and I am starting to believe that I will have to incorporate wireless logic into it.

At the same time I am trying to make a auto loader with a spinning Christmas tree to catch the objects for loading. Fun times.

Any thoughts that might help.

Reaction score
    You want it to spin endlessly, right? You can either 1. place a button next to the rotor rail and slave the rail to it or 2. slave 9 activators to the rotor. The first solution will pulse every 90 degrees, the second one is easy to start/stop.

If you place a button next to a rotor, it will pulse on rotation end. This way you can get the signal
    .... when each arm reaches/passes point (x) ....
    so you can make
    .... that action (y) happens. ....
    If your setup is like torso>arm>hand, when the 'arm' ends a rotation this pulse will be caught by the 'torso'. If you want the 'hand' to be rotated next, you'd need wifi blocks from the 'torso' to the 'arm'.

The "Christmas tree auto loader" is some pickup rail structure, right? Could you post a screenshot? IDK how feasible this could be, though. My experiments so far have shown that logic-controlled entities can re-dock only on the dock they last used. I mean: if a mothership has docks A and B, and you undock via logic pulse an entity from dock A, it can re-dock to A only, not to B. The same with 2 motherships: the entity can return to the original mothership only and can't change hosts. I think there was a notice with the fleet update which stated similar behavior for AI controlled drones as a known limitation for now. That said, a drone would seek its 'own' rail on the 'Chrismas tree'. If the tree rotates, the drone could have some hard time.

Well, if I got you right, idk... Anyway, a screenshot would be very interesting :)

Last edited:

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Slave activation blocks to the rotator block. (these should not be touching the rotator block)
    the rotator will rotate 45 degrees for ever Active Activation block slaved to the rotator.

place a separate activation block or a button adjacent to the rotator so that it is touching the rotator.
    once the rotator stops at the end of it's assigned rotation it will send a pulse to activation or button that is touching the rotator.