Rim Hooper - Yogsquest

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    It's certainly been a while since I've posted here,
    Anyway, I thought I'd mix things up a little for my return to starmade. Instead of yet another crisp red and white ship of the republic, I thought I'd instead go for something a little more...dirty, the Rim Hopper from Yogsquest.

For any of you who don't know, yogsquest is the massively entertaining comedy/roleplaying series from the Yogscast, for lovers of sci-fi and comedy, I strongly engcourage you to check it out!

Now, this ship is a classic case of "Interior too big for exterior", and since my prime focus was on making the inside as close to the original "Blueprint" (if you can call it that), the exterior had to take some big time cuts as a result.

I decided to go with making each square 3x3 meters, a reasonable size so that details can be fit in without it being massively large or cramped. Since my focus was on the inside, I first did the interior, and may I say this was probably the wierdest ship I have ever built. Between a disco hallway, hair salon, and space poker table, I was faced with a multitude of design challenges I never knew could exist. The disco hallway has some basic flashing logic to provide for that true "space party feel".

Download link below, be warned, this ship is mostly for roleplay so it doesn't have the specs a ship of it's size would normally have.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/star-rimmer-rim-hopper-rim-star-er-whatever.1346/

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Lol I never thought about making that ship. That series is great.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    LOL Disco Room. Typical Yogscast. :p

Reaction score
    That's pretty swanky, especially the 'space poker tables'. Disco hall could be a bit bigger, it's the most important part of the ship!

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You should also hide a jaffa stash somewhere lol