Bug Rightclick entered number of blocks not always used

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hi All,

I noticed a subtle bug when using right-click to get a certain amount from a stack of blocks and place them in another location, like from the inventory into a factory or the pick bar at the bottom, or vice versa.

In some occasions when clicking on an empty slot to place a selected amount after closing the choose amount dialog not the chosen amount is put there although the correct number is shown beside the block at the mouse pointer, but the whole stack from the inventory is put there instead as soon as you click the empty slot.

Sadly I can't pinpoint some typical steps to force this behavior yet, it seems to happen at irregular intervals. One action that seems to be prone more often to this is putting a chosen amount of metal meshes in a base factory.

Greets,

Jan

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Hello there,
    almost forgot about that 'feature'.

Annoyed me while trading or giving a new player a part of my hull-stack and dropped the whole stack.

Now registered and tracked as

Issue #1245 - Split stack 'amount' broken when transferring to other inventory type

Thanks for reporting.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Always comforting to know it's not just something specific to my installation, thanks. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A little update on the above described faulty right click stack splitting behavior.

With the newest install 0.1852 there's an added error with the right click splitting of a stack when dropping the selected amount on the shop fly-out to sell. The amount is sold, but subtracted from the original stack instead of removing the splitted amount. So if you have 7735 blocks of x and a splitted off amount of 735 and drop that on the fly-out the result is 6265 and a spitted stack of 735 on your bottom inventory bar.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think I can confirm this. I'll just need to test it again, but I saw it happen once. In singleplayer it isn't a problem, because I just buy the blocks back, but it still is annoying.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Noticed something else yesterday when dropping a split stack amount in a factory or storage block. When the block is active half of the time the remainder stack is pulled in as well. However, when those blocks are switched to inactive the correct amount split off is dropped.
    I've no idea how this behavior is programmed in the game, but it almost looks like a thread that isn't locked at the right moment in the logic.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1389
    I reported the stack transfer to shop bug. I couldn't reproduce this bug though:
    Noticed something else yesterday when dropping a split stack amount in a factory or storage block. When the block is active half of the time the remainder stack is pulled in as well. However, when those blocks are switched to inactive the correct amount split off is dropped.
    I've no idea how this behavior is programmed in the game, but it almost looks like a thread that isn't locked at the right moment in the logic.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, strangely it worked like I described above all day yesterday, but today no such luck.
    So back again to the state, "I can't make heads or tail from it..." ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, strangely it worked like I described above all day yesterday, but today no such luck.
    So back again to the state, "I can't make heads or tail from it..." ;)

Greets,

Jan
    Well, they're called bugs for a reason. And believe it or not, I actually feel the same way sometimes.