Reworked template interface, and some uses

Reaction score
    So I'd like to see the template menu show what blocks are required for the template in question, and if possible a picture of the templated object. This, along with the ability to download templates directly and add them to your template library, could help in a few ways. The first would be as part of the tutorials, basically giving a selection of larger pieces for new players to use so they can ease into the game a little easier. This could help factions keep a uniform build style( "all ships must include this tribute to our glorious leader").

But the real reason I want this in the game is to allow for more interesting block synergies without making the learning curve any steeper. Right now, power blocks are the only ones I know of that at get a bonus depending on placement. I'd like to see more things like that, but just throwing a bunch in the game would be a little bit overwhelming. However, if there were built in templates that used them, then you could go a while before you needed to learn them, basically allowing for more engineering without requiring it.

Anyway, whether that happens or not, the template changes could really help the community.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    to my knowledge most of this is already planned in some form or another. i specifically remember them schema mentioning the downloading of templates at some point.

power capacitors technically also synergize with each other. they just add more power for contiguous groups. I do agree that some defualt templates could help new players figure things out faster

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Mirrored paste would be a very useful option.