Revisioned warp gates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now, i've noticed warp gates are one of the main suggested topics, but the idea of each ship having its own warp drive would make it kindof op, to just teleport everywhere at will, and having a warp gate would be a pain in the ass to build big enough for larger ships. But here a better idea, how about a "warp launcher"? it would warp the ships nearbye serving as a warp speed catapult. and better yet, they maybe could not even be player built, but spawn naturally and somewhat sparingly prompting faction wars over them. it would provide a much needed catalyst for faction warfare, as there currently isnt one, seeing as its pretty easy to obtain resources and craft instead of buying from shops. these things could be massive, promting massive fleet battles that take place in multible parts. although one thing could be a problem. the player habit of blowing things up for no reason. it would take one griefer to blow up a launcher, so perhaps they regererate over time, so retreating factions can sabotage launchers they lose control of. There also should be a warp cooldown of about 10 minutes to prevent spaming for balance and lag reasons. to "launch, a player must lock on to the launcher with their docking beam from the ships core intiaiting a to be decided countdown and player who wish to launch have that timeslot to lock on and wait to launch. If anybody has a better method of intiating launch, please respond below. I also recomend setting it up so launchers can only launch to other launchers reinforcing the need to control them. oh, and launcher should leave the last launch in their coordinates so people can follow them, if need be.

Please leave feedback below.

-SuperMeep

Reaction score
    OMFG *golf clap* great Idea for the already planned \"warpgate\" they would spawn like stores, though i think even more \"rare\" then said shops would be a lot like the mass effect warp launchers and you could see when your in range of one Just like when your in range of the shop! :D 2 thumb up!

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This is jut one of the variations, it\'s been suggested before. Besides, structures designed for bigger ships are intended to be annoing to build.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When you boil it down, the idea is the same as most suggestions with warpgates, etc. just with a tweak making it so size does not matter.

Why is that good? Should having a large ship that has more power regen, shields, weaponry, etc. not have certain drawbacks compared to small ships?

Additionally, your idea about them being naturally occuring is off to me. Building games should be about building. Granted, it\'s also an exploring game, but when it comes to things of great utility, it should be required to build it.