return of the death star minigame

Reaction score
    Any long time starmade player knows that there was a minigame with deathstars. The objective was to go and charge your way into the enemy deathstar and blow it up while also guarding your deathstar. It was an exciting objective in a game about freedom but now it is gone. I say we return the minigame in all its glory. Servers could even dedicate themselves to the game giving slews of ideas for maps and specific ships and who knows what else. It was a fun game with an objective which these open creation games dont have. I think open games are fun but sometimes you just want to strive for something other than building the biggest ship.

opinions and ideas are open in the comments

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I heard about this as a feature when I discovered Starmade. I reckon I was late to the party though as I haven\'t played this game type. I hope it makes a return, maybe as a Blueprint you can load into the new Servers.

Reaction score
    Yeah, this could be done with blueprints. If people really want it someone can make a server and use commands to get money to afford the blueprints.

Actually, keeping it player-ran is better. Allows different deathstars, different ships, and doesn\'t require anything to be added to the game and cause even more lag for people (I myself don\'t get any lag). On that different deathstars note, I may design one myself....