Resumed Larry's Suggestions (Updated: 08/02/2014)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I will explain it as fast as possible, feel free to ask for explanations.

I also suppose some ideas were already suggested, already exist or schema said he won't do it, sorry for that. I'd be glad if you told me which one it is so I can remove it.

INDEX

• Implement Radio Stations to communicate via chat and send distress signals. Stations could broadcast messages in a sector or small squads could have their private channel. Explained here.

• Give servers the option of setting the spawn probability of each NPC ship.
    • Give servers the option to establish a Power Limit and other limitations (amount of blocks of a type together, shield regeneration, etc).
    • Add decouplers that give a momentum to the dropped object. Explained here.

• Add a paint spraying tool (and more potent ones for ships). Explained here.

• Add a way to configure for how long missiles go in a straight line (the direction they're looking at) before going to the objective. Explained here.

• The ability to send & save messages to Radio Station blocks. Explained here.

1/06/2013

Radio Stations explained:

An example scenario would be a block called radio station, which you can access from the weapons menu. In it you would have permissions for a number of channels, for example a specific faction channel, sector, solar system, global, private, etc. And the ability to host a channel. (It would also be good if you could kick stations from channels, in case your ship gets lost or hijacked.) It would also give the possibility of making a station's radio broadcast or send privately something when it detects a player entering the area. Distress signals would appear to anyone who has them activated in his radio station.

Giving the ability to record channels would make the interaction between players and factions very interesting. You could record it into a CD and use it in other stations to read it in the local chat.

1/07/2013

Decouplers explained

Basically it would decouple two objects and pushing one of them at a certain speed (should drain energy).

2/07/2013

Spraying tools explained

Basically a tool for astronauts to paint hulls with a given color, and even a bigger spraying tool for ships that can spray a larger radius (amongst other things). You could also make tubes that increase the paint storage capacity of the cannon, and power blocks that increase their overall power (radius, reach and reload speed).

11/11/2013

Missile Takeoff Configuration explained

The ability to configure the time a missile goes in a straight line before going to the objective. This would basically allow for different strategic uses of most missiles.

8/02/2014

The ability to send & save messages to radio stations explained:

Players would have the possibility to send a message from their ship's Radio station to another ship's radio station for it to be read when the Radio Station is accessed (Note that this means that a player must not necessarily be online for this to happen). Stations would also need to have each other added to avoid spamming.

What possibilities would this open?:

• Diplomacy between factions.
    • Message me when an event happens (A ship is destroyed, A faction is attacked, An area is entered, etc).
    • Ships of a faction to send reports (Locations, Scans of ships, etc) to the mothership.
    • Etc.

Remember to support the improvements by giving your opinion/s, I will correct my ideas if someone comes up with something better.

Thanks.

I will update it everytime I think about something new.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Radio Stations explained:

An example scenario would be a block called radio station, which you can access from the weapons menu. In it you would have permissions for a number of channels, for example a specific faction channel, sector, solar system, global, private, etc. And the ability to host a channel. (It would also be good if you could kick stations from channels, in case your ship gets lost or hijacked.) It would also give the possibility of making a station\'s radio broadcast or send privately something when it detects a player entering the area. Distress signals would appear to anyone who has them activated in his radio station.

Giving the ability to record channels would make the interaction between players and factions very interesting. You could record it into a CD and use it in other stations to read it in the local chat.

Reaction score
    Just on the record we need beacons. all kinds of wonderful beacons, because as you know shizz* is hard to find, so a few ideas for beacons.

1. Distress beacons. throw one down and boom, increases your signature radius manyfold, a nice little shout for help on the navigations computer (or perfect for a trap, who cares?)

2. station beacons, if you press \"p\" you get the official map up in starmade, but that is pretty much useless, so people, wouldnt having your spacestation signature be readable from 10 sectors away, be kinda usefull? for shops, trading posts, faction bases and stuff? i myself think so, cause my shizz* sure is damn hard to find again, when i go jungling* (in space)

3. Bacon dispenser beacon. (self-explanatory) (this game needs more bacon)

*Shizz = all sorts of random crap we end up making.
    *jungling = going out on all sorts of random adventures.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Update 1/07/2013

Decouplers explained

Basically it would decouple two objects and pushing one of them at a certain speed (should drain energy).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    2/07/2013

Spraying tools explained

Basically a tool for astronauts to paint hulls with a given color, and even a bigger spraying tool for ships that can spray a larger radius (amongst other things). You could also make tubes that increase the paint storage capacity of the cannon, and power blocks that increase their overall power (radius, reach and reload speed).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    11/11/2013

Missile Takeoff explained

The ability to configure the amount of time a missile goes in a straight line before going to the objective. This would basically allow for different strategic uses of most types of missiles.

Remember to support the improvement by giving your opinion so it gets to schema.

Reaction score
    I really like that missile idea, do you mean that the missile goes in the direction the block is pointing at (orientation when it is place) for a moment then turns and heads in the direction of the target?

Reaction score
    add warp drives or gates

add crew teleporters

add med bays where players can heal

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yep, not more and not less than that.

Of course at the end of the day, it\'s just a general and idea and the devs (well, dev) may convert it to what he considers correct.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The ability to send & save messages to radio stations explained:

Players would have the possibility to send a message from their ship\'s Radio station to another ship\'s radio station for it to be read when the Radio Station is accessed (Note that this means that a player must not necessarily be online for this to happen). Stations would also need to have each other added to avoid spamming.

What possibilities would this open?:

• Diplomacy between factions.
    • Message me when an event happens (A ship is destroyed, A faction is attacked, An area is entered, etc).
    • Ships of a faction to send reports (Locations, Scans of ships, etc) to the mothership.
    • Etc.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Some things may come together with lua support and (hopefully) custom lua.