Recognized respawning of asteroids should be handled differently.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i heared that asteroids respawning only requires the sector to unload... - well tests indicate that is not true. still you will have to empty the entire sector and then make it unload to let them despawn...

"death to all and everyone who just pokes roids for minerals without clearing the entire sector damn noobs you should get spawn camped! ..."

Actually that is what some people obviously think... someone seeing the problem here? well i could get fixed if asteroids would respawn even partially...

This entire sector thing is sorry to say that BS for everyone just goes for the colors they need.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    i heared that asteroids respawning only requires the sector to unload... - well tests indicate that is not true. still you will have to empty the entire sector and then make it unload to let them despawn...

"death to all and everyone who just pokes roids for minerals without clearing the entire sector damn noobs you should get spawn camped! ..."

Actually that is what some people obviously think... someone seeing the problem here? well i could get fixed if asteroids would respawn even partially...

This entire sector thing is sorry to say that BS for everyone just goes for the colors they need.
    Except that would also erase bases on asteroids.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    you mean it would kill an asteroid bases because it would respawn where the player put a different structure? Well At least they would respawn without trying to clear a sector with starting gear. And i am sure schema knows how to come up with an algorythm noticing changes in the asteroid in areas where the player build man made structures into it to keep these areas free of respawning material, you will need the same algorythms to detect quaters as well and since then yes asteroid bases might be ill advised, put a build block on a roid blueprint it. build it artifiacially and it would not have a roid id in the database to get replenished when changes happen.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455653455,1455651867][/DOUBLEPOST]actually i got explained the actual method, really like it very elegant solution turning a asteroid with manmade attachments into a managed object. I like that but still it looks like you need to clear out entire sectors before stuff starts respawning why is that?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    No thanks. There's a pretty equal ore distribution inside asteroids, so as long as there's some of the asteroid left, there's probably still ore left. Someone will end up picking it up, and then the asteroid will end up respawning.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    At this point, I think it is safe to say that people will always be bitching about the asteroid respawning and just forget about it. Once passive resource generation is implemented it won't matter anyway.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don't mind eating entire asteroids to get them to respawn but if you are lacking one specific material *cough* fertikeen *cough* it's just really tedious to consume every other asteroid in a sector and you end up with loads of those materials and still lacking in others. Having to completely remove an asteroid before it respawns will also solve any issues of people building on them and having their work just vanish.