Reshade <3's Starmade

Reaction score
    A pity it doesn't work on Linux either, those are some breathtaking screenshots...
    There is a thread on the reshade forum that mentions Linux support planned for the distant future (so probably OSX too), but I couldn't find anything more substantial like a roadmap or somesuch.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So here's a little update for those that got it working; A new preset!

It's got more subtle effects, and is rather good for cinematic screenies.
    Whites are actually white, not gray!
    You can still play the game with it, however it does put considerable strain on the GPU. (Don't forget Scroll Lock to toggle all effects)

Also attached is my beam shader mod (CRUBEAMS.zip) for those that want more oomph to beams.

(install by replacing the files in the folder "starmade/data/shader/simplebeam")

Attachments

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Updated shaders are better but still way too dark, even darker than in demo screenies. I think there's a bug or something.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This would be perfect for my short stories/ comics but my poor laptop would probably catch fire....

Reaction score
    I use a lot of white on some of my ships so I need sunglasses for these shaders. Prefer starmade without such a large brightness contrast. In the dark its impossible to see and with a light on I'm blinded.

The beams look pretty cool though. Colored lights look good too, but anything in white is blinding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Anything with direct light on it is blinding*

Not too blinding when you're not staring directly into reflected light. (I mean, still slightly blinding, but they are pure white pixels - sadly reshade doesn't have access to the depth buffer, meaning some effects aren't as good as they could be)

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Crusade that's a sexy ship!

Here's a picture of the difference for me. It might have to do with my personal settings in starmade though. starmade-screenshot-0019.jpg helpimblind.png

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well, you're not using the updated preset (you can tell by the whites not actually being white) and even if update, it'll still be really bright, since it is a white interior.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If you installed it correctly - download my preset pack to make it look different

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I love this screenshots.
    I got an error upon startup, it loads 100% and crashes on spawn screen.
    "glexception: gl_invalid_operation starmade"
    Java error
    I'm currently updating video drivers
    Edit:
    new drivers haven't changed a thing

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume you have shadows enabled - go ahead and turn them off. For whatever reason, reshade will crash the game/corrupt shadows if they are enabled.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453124938,1453124901][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm gonna go ahead and assume you have shadows enabled - go ahead and turn them off. For whatever reason, reshade will crash the game/corrupt shadows if they are enabled.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So here's a little update for those that got it working; A new preset!

It's got more subtle effects, and is rather good for cinematic screenies.
    Whites are actually white, not gray!
    You can still play the game with it, however it does put considerable strain on the GPU. (Don't forget Scroll Lock to toggle all effects)

Also attached is my beam shader mod (CRUBEAMS.zip) for those that want more oomph to beams.

(install by replacing the files in the folder "starmade/data/shader/simplebeam")

Question, What is the frame ship for? is it an upcoming ship? If not, Then ok, Cause it looks pretty cool as a frame

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Just downloaded both reshade and the beefier beams shader. After tinkering with the preset a bit, I've gotta say I like it a lot! It handles pretty darn well, thanks!

Reactions: Crusade
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To enable the shaders you click select them, click update then apply right? I've done so and can't really tell the difference between two - I can post comparison SS if needed

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just noticed that when I turn on "ALL INFO" in the ui, I get a pretty large list of shader errors -
    I've screenshotted the error list both with and without shadows on, with shadows off the list is incredibly smaller
    Pretty sure it's not working from what I can see, as I'm getting some funky light diffusal that usually happens with the normal shaders.

Attachments

Reaction score
    I have not tried your second preset just yet, but I do love it. Reshade is awesome.