Research block and modified items and weapons through research.

Reaction score
    Well, I\'m just throwing around ideas. If it were an option in the server configs, it could also be modified to suit different playstyles.

But it\'s also not so bad if players are new, and also limited in their beginning capabilities. Give it some time and research and they too will have nicer and nicer weapons.

The main concern is making sure people have something to play and work towards.

-Caid

Reaction score
    This is good idea. Though part about Tiering stackable modules requires alot of discussion, especialyl since there will be damage types implemented later.

Reaction score
    It\'s more of a framework for an idea, than a fleshed out idea. It would certainly be something that needed to be refined and tuned before being a perfect implementation.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If i am able, i\'ll let Schema know about this.

Personaly i\'d love to be able to research an offensive beam weapon, or increase the individual antimatter cannon damage and recharge values by experimenting with the materials used and the structure of them.

Imagine a server where people build empires, with each player having a different role in scocitey!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Players would manufacture their products at factories, pay miners (or build drones) to gather materials, and then send a transport ship to different shops where the product (anti-matter weapon) is sold.

Somewhere in this process pirates and smuggling could apear. (certain products outlawed in certain sectors)

Reaction score
    That sounds like a good roleplay scenario to go with the additional mechanics.

-Caid

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sounds cool, but it could make for some problems with blueprints if one has a high-level beam cannon, but you only have researched a low-level one. Protection against using that wouldn\'t be terribly hard to implement though.

Reaction score
    I really think powerstorage and power gens should be added to the /give_category_items ship category.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Makes sense to me. is a bit reminiscent of Skyrim\'s potion system, to me. There\'s multiple recipes, they generally have some logic to them but are relatively numerous enough to encourage experimentation with new ingredients to find simpler recipes, and people who invest time in it can work out better methods than those who just dabbles in it once every blue moon.

I like it. You have my axe!

You have gained 1 Axe of +1 Agreement It buffs your idea on the suggestions battlefield and it gives it a higher potential of achieving a critical hit with the populace reading this thread.