Research and Development Tab

Reaction score
    Adding a new tab in which you can unlock upgrades to install into your engines, shields, and weapons to change or modify thier out put in some way, or cobble together other recepies to unlock advanced technologies, and different functions of gear, and its many uses, however these unlock are on a bind and can not be shared or traded and a managed inside each server, so the admin has the say what can and can not be used as some specs may be op for their desired gameplay.

Ex> Shield block might get an color upgrade, or field flow modulator, to change the way a shield behaves or simulates damage, afterall we dont all have the same level of tech do we.

Thier will be more to this idea soon, im just tired and its 535 am. Peace Out

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would add even more to the already incredible customization of this game!!

Reaction score
    Imagine this...Engine Upgrades

Different classes of engines having different effects, each craftable but not sellable or tradeable

you could have red fire coming our of ur engines, that have a +.05% boost to reactor injector intake ability.

But each item would need to be unlocked before being built.

Tell me what u think...

Reaction score
    Although it is something that should be reserved for later (or for a mod), when star-made is a bit more fleshed out regarding looks/bugs/features.

Reaction score
    I can see great potential from this. There could be a myriad of different \'paths\' to choose from: Fighter (high rate of fire guns, faster engines, etc), Bomber (heavy hitting guns and bombs, improved armor, etc), Salvager (faster mine speed, better shielding, etc), Capital (super weapons, better turret ai, etc), Repair (faster health giving, power give beam boots,etc) I drew a picture

Then you could mix and match them to your liking.

Reaction score
    The one point I can think of for this is that instead of having it on a per-person basis make it faction based thus meaning that people would be more drawn into multi-player factions rather than 1,00000,00000000000 single man factions in the tab because that SUCKS.

=)

Reaction score
    How about if one person gains something on the tree, everyone in the faction does too. That way one person can research one tree and others can work on another. People can be dedicated \'researchers\'. If a faction has researched everything, and a new player joins them, the new player gains the research. When he leaves, he loses all research he personally hasn\'t researched.