Suggestion Require Purchasing The Game To Vote

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This should have further community input before any decision is made.

I'd like to make it known that there are ways to decrease the chance of this happening, without restricting the vote to purchased users.
    • Blocking TOR users from voting (TOR provides a list that can be used to do this)
    • Blocking known proxy servers, there are comprehensive blacklists of proxy IPs available to block an account
    • Blocking throwaway emails
    • Requiring minimum register time
    • Requiring minimum post count
    • Requiring minimum forum registration
    We could also do it by having a point threshold, a user would have to meet X number of points to be able to vote. I'll give an example.

Number of points to vote: 10

30 points: Purchase Game
    3 points: Registration date longer than X amount of days
    Base point of 6 points: Meet minimum post count to get 6 points and 1 more point is awarded every time they meet X more number of posts
    1 point: Uploaded avatar
    1 point: Signature set
    -10 points: TOR/Proxy IP
    -10 points: Throwaway email
    -10 points: Forum ban

Add other positive and negative factors to decide whether the person is elligible for vote, the more comprehensive the system is, the better.

Having to purchase the game to vote is fine by me. I suggest you make a poll.
    maybe a dumb question, but what is this TOR you keep mentioning?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    maybe a dumb question, but what is this TOR you keep mentioning?
    a network of proxies to allow you to browse the internet anonymously. it bounces your connection between nodes in different countries to mask who and where you are.

Reaction score
    Be great if forum profiles in general had a tag/badge that showed if the poster owned the game. But yes definitely agree with voting being only available to those who have financially supported the developers.

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Be great if forum profiles in general had a tag/badge that showed if the poster owned the game.
    Hate to be 'captain obvious' or anything, but you know this is actually a thing, right? It's the black badge with the StarMade logo on it. Just scroll up a bit and I bet you'll see at least a couple of them from various posts.