"Requesting Synchronize" hangs when joining a server

Reaction score
    When joining a server I regularly find that the StarMade Connector window hangs on 'requesting synchronize' and doesn't go through any of the other steps. The servers I attempt to join are populated and are all on the same version as my client.

One minute I'll be able to join a server, next I won't. My internet connection isn't slow and I've tried disabling my firewall.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the same thing happens to me. one minute i can go on a server and the next it gets stuck on \"requesting synchronize\". i have fiberoptic so it cant be my connection and i have tryed multiple servers but i can only join ones that are empty.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have exactly this problem and am unable to find a solution in any forum thread.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also have this problem- I have been looking for ages on the internet for a solution but I can\'t find one.

Reaction score
    Increase the RAM allocated to Starmade. Doing so frees up memory required for Starmade to make a stable network connection, or something along those lines.

RAM can be increased by clicking \'Options\' in the top left of the news/updates section of the launcher.

Of course this could be a one-off, and increasing the RAM may not have helped at all, but here\'s hoping that the thread title can rightly have [SOLVED] stamped next to it.

Thanks again to the mysterious wanderer who helped me when no one else could. Big love.

Is what I wrote when, by a sick twist of luck, Starmade suddenly started working when I upped the RAM. Unfortunately it apparently only worked by mere coincidence and once again I am unable to connect to any servers.

So, if anybody can shed any light on this I\'d be very grateful.

EDIT

Still having this problem. It\'s possible that the upcoming update may fix it, but if anybody has any ideas it\'d be appreciated.