Request for Space Cop skin

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Alright, tried to figure out skin designing myself and horribly failed.

Does anyone here know where I can find a good police/cop skin?

I need it for a video project and it's basically the only thing stopping me now.

Thanks in advance!

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    What style you looking for? I can probably slap together one for the great builder of flying office buildings.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    What style you looking for? I can probably slap together one for the great builder of flying office buildings.
    More of the minecrafty pixel look, but beyond that I just want ti too look like a police officer.

Maybe with big shades like this:

Thanks, Tardis!

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    how's dis?
    trooper_playertex_template.png
    PSd enclosed, if you want to remove the aviators. They are their own layer, so you can probably make a "helmet" that's only aviators if ya like.
    No emissive map. can do that if you need it. just load a black png if you don't

was debating a Patric Stewart hairstyle, went with non-balding for ease of wrap.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: Xacktar
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    how's dis?
    View attachment 37344
    PSd enclosed, if you want to remove the aviators. They are their own layer, so you can probably make a "helmet" that's only aviators if ya like.
    No emissive map. can do that if you need it. just load a black png if you don't

was debating a Patric Stewart hairstyle, went with non-balding for ease of wrap.

That looks really nice!

... but I have no idea how to turn those files into a skin. XD (such a noob)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    options menu, custom skin, pick files, skin generates.
    I'm looking at that, but beyond the main skin file I have no idea what to pick for the others.

Black PNGs for the emissions, I understand, but what size/resolution for them?

I don't see an obvious helmet texture, which one do I use for that?

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I'm looking at that, but beyond the main skin file I have no idea what to pick for the others.

Black PNGs for the emissions, I understand, but what size/resolution for them?

I don't see an obvious helmet texture, which one do I use for that?
    default one for helm, or (as long as you don't want to actually use a helmet in yer video) you can use the "playerhelm shading" one to just force-generate.

same resolution as the template for emissive, you can just "fill with black" the base template. any colors beyond black will cause that area to "glow" that color. eg if you load the same texture twice, it will "glow" yellow on the buttons/badge/rank-patch, red/blue/yellow on the service medals, and "pink/flesh" on the face. should only be noticeable in dark environments.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    default one for helm, or (as long as you don't want to actually use a helmet in yer video) you can use the "playerhelm shading" one to just force-generate.

same resolution as the template for emissive, you can just "fill with black" the base template. any colors beyond black will cause that area to "glow" that color. eg if you load the same texture twice, it will "glow" yellow on the buttons/badge/rank-patch, red/blue/yellow on the service medals, and "pink/flesh" on the face. should only be noticeable in dark environments.

*retrieves large dunce cap and puts it on his head*

I'll try and figure this out, but I'm still a bit confused.
    [doublepost=1485038827,1485037354][/doublepost]Alright, I'm too big of an idiot for this.

Tried three times, each time I still ended up as Dave. Checked the images were all PNG, the file path to the skin was correct, everything I can find... Still Dave.

Sorry, Tardis. :/

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    *retrieves large dunce cap and puts it on his head*

I'll try and figure this out, but I'm still a bit confused.
    [doublepost=1485038827,1485037354][/doublepost]Alright, I'm too big of an idiot for this.

Tried three times, each time I still ended up as Dave. Checked the images were all PNG, the file path to the skin was correct, everything I can find... Still Dave.

Sorry, Tardis. :/
    I've had a bug that does that before too. Try connecting to aa few different multyplayer servers to "force" it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    did that work Xacktar?
    Well, it turns out my client won't make a skin for some reason, I had someone else combine the items and it worked on their game but not mine. Which lead me to try a few new things and now I may have figured out why my own attempts never worked. Now, I'm trying to use the SMSG import function and a some help from a few people to work around it.

So I may be able to make my own now!

I do have your skin now, and I think I'm gonna use him as the police chief. He kinda gives off that vibe.

Thanks, man. :D

Reactions: DrTarDIS