Reporters needed!

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    We need articles for this Friday's deadline. Anyone interested in reporting for StarFeed please contact me or @fire219 .

Delivering your article on air is not a requirement. We have @Moultonlava5 , @fire219 and @MrFURB who can read your work during the podcast. You get on-air credit for your work and regular collaborative writers will see more story offers. We just need your effort in finding the story, asking the right people good questions, and putting that into a 2-5 paragraph piece for editing.

That's it. Some detective work and a coupla paragraphs.

We can easily get you started in the right direction as well if you don't have your own story. We have several stories that can be worked on but any story ideas you bring yourself are greatly appreciated as well. Don't delay. We only have space for 3 or four articles tops. Don't let someone else get your spot.

Reaction score
    hey this sounds interesting. and iv been wanting to get more active in the community and community created content. id be more then happy to help. but what exactly do you need us to report on?

what i got from your post is you guys are working on an in game story to tell? or something of the sort? like the adventures of dave in uncharted space? iv got tons of ideas for interesting sci fi stories if thats what your after. i could also provide original background music for any scenes you shoot.

let me know what you guys need. or send me a PM if anything. im just a lil vague on the details for what you guys are workin on.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    hey this sounds interesting. and iv been wanting to get more active in the community and community created content. id be more then happy to help. but what exactly do you need us to report on?

what i got from your post is you guys are working on an in game story to tell? or something of the sort? like the adventures of dave in uncharted space? iv got tons of ideas for interesting sci fi stories if thats what your after. i could also provide original background music for any scenes you shoot.

let me know what you guys need. or send me a PM if anything. im just a lil vague on the details for what you guys are workin on.
    This is for our news podcast StarFeed. We need writeups for events going on in the community. For example, if someone is holding a competition.

War was a little vague here, I admit. :P

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I was intentionally vague so folks would ask and I could PM them some details :3 Odra I will be in contact with you in a bit.

Reaction score
    haha ok, i had a feeling the vagueness was on purpose. well it worked, consider me intrested :D

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    All the major faction are currently planning a combat event on Elwyn Hardware with Elwyn config. Current factions involved are

1. Vaygr Empire
    2. Lazarus Imperium
    3. DFN/ NFD
    4. Calderon Republic
    5. Starfleet
    6. Tinion Armada
    7. Caldera Empire
    8. Ze Glorious Goatyr Monarchy
    Each faction will start with 4 Billion Credits and a prebuilt base. The rules are a slightly tweaked version of Incap's system. Each base will feature docking ports for 8 or so turrets with the size level of 50x 50x 50. Death Cube ships are not allowed. Victory Conditions are that all members of a faction must be eliminated or their base destroyed. To destroy a base one must breach the reactor which is a pre-docked and pre-built ship. The battle time is still being debated but currently it stands to take place on the 27th. The battle will be everyone vs Odium.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Promo write up. Nice. The next StarFeed will be later in the day on Saturday so there's a good chance we'd be announcing it after it's happened. As a condition of joining that combat event did everyone agree to their factions names being used in promotional work? As long as they have or agree to it now I can get that over to editing and give it a once over before handing it off to fire219.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The event just became a thing. I'll ask how they feel but I think it's obvious that everyone wants to get their name out there since faction recruit numbers are at a very low level.

Reaction score
    Ze Glorious Goatyr Monarchy is also fine with this, and, in fact, Ze Glorious Monarch is interested in doing the stuff, and will do the stuff as soon as he is able.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Go ahead and mention the NFD in Starfeed. Although I don't know why this is a question at this point in time as currently recruitment is down the drain :( .

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This helps as the general population will be seeing the fun that factions have and hopefully start joining more factions.

Obviously you can mention my faction. In fact I demand you mention my faction :p

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Ok! Welcome to the StarFeed promo lineup. (pending approval by #wikithekid X3) Anyone else has a ready made article or promo for inclusion please PM it to me and a copy over to fire219. I really want to gather more folks willing to write up articles for the feed. Folks who have a story in mind or folks who want to write up something but have no ideas of their own yet. Anything ready for consumption can just be submitted APL.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Starfleet doesn't mind being mentioned. we like getting new minions :)

Reaction score
    So I think I'm interested in this. I just want to clarify a couple of things before I go to the lengths of writing and submitting!
    1. Rather than competitions etc. is it okay to interview Faction leaders and members - asking what they get out of Starmade and what server they play on etc?
    2. Can I focus on what makes a good faction and tips for start ups etc?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Thorny question because those are opinion pieces.
    I wanted to hold off on those and editorials because they almost always turn out polarizing.