Replicators

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    (I understand that you want replicators on ships. I think that existing factory systems should be possible on ships - with slower production for balance.)
    The planned capital ship system was to allow factories and other station-based systems to be placable on ships if I'm remembering right (with a trade off of a small amount of max speed).

Starting sectors are stripped of -useful- resources. Resources that can be recycled into more useful resources are probably still around, even if in extremely limited supply. Without recycling available, starting sectors will continue to be resource-bare. My point is that if one requires a resource to recycle blocks into something more useful, it's not really a change. Someone will inevitably hoard the fuel for business. The ones who can least afford the fuel will be the ones who need it the most.
    If my memory is right, factions should be able to regenerate asteroids in a system by using faction points (or was planned to). If an admin-faction claimed the starting sector and respawned the starting asteroids a few times a week it should help.
    Originally, asteroids respawned after a set amount of time anyways, when the sector was unloaded. I know this as a fact since they tried to spawn inside a station I was trying to build before. No idea if this system is still in place after the faction points addition though.

Reaction score
    The planned capital ship system was to allow factories and other station-based systems to be placable on ships if I'm remembering right (with a trade off of a small amount of max speed).

If my memory is right, factions should be able to regenerate asteroids in a system by using faction points (or was planned to). If an admin-faction claimed the starting sector and respawned the starting asteroids a few times a week it should help.
    Originally, asteroids respawned after a set amount of time anyways, when the sector was unloaded. I know this as a fact since they tried to spawn inside a station I was trying to build before. No idea if this system is still in place after the faction points addition though.
    If memory is correct, planets do too, or is gold only for asteroids? Still same opinion though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    My thoughts:
    1. Depending on how the Dev's are implementing shipyards, the functions your replicator does may not be needed.

2. As for using gold to "power" a factory type block, I am against this.

3. I do want some form of recycling myself. In fact somewhere berried under many posts there is a thread I made on the topic. There have been many a discussions of recycling and the consincious (from what I have read on the forums) by posters is that A. they like the idea and B. They think it should come at costs. for example you only get 50% of materials back or something.

Counter Suggestion to gold: (fuel)

have it spawn and regenerate on planets to give them more value. some planets have a raw fuel form which can be refined into a better fuel, which powers factories better or something(inspired by oil in tekkit). This counter suggestion of fuel does a few things. first it adds a commodity to be used in trade (similar to gold). It introduces game mechanics that allow the automated extraction and refining of the material. AND if its an auto or simi auto gathering method, it only takes the work to build it, perfect it, and defend it.

*the above counter suggestion is just my fast thoughts on the matter. I am sure there are many (I have seen a few) threads on the subject where its been discussed before and likely have better ideas then myself.

I will say though... I never thought of having a portable recycler. I would very much approve of that.