Replenish the Asteroids in a System

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    How do you replenish the asteroid belts in star systems?

They do respawn after the sector unloads, then loads again, but they are often malformed or worse, just 1 or 2 blocks asteroids not worth even salvaging. I know I had read something, somewhere, about being able to buy them with faction points, but I can't find it, nor can I find an option in game to do it. Is it possible?

The new 30% larger asteroids don't seem to be appearing in the existing universe either, or do these only spawn in previously unexplored sectors/systems? None of the v0.1851 asteroid changes seem to be appearing in our existing universe (size and mining bonus in owned territory).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I made two new SP universes and spawned in gigantic larimar belts in both of them, as far as I'm concerned they are rare... But yes, you will have to create a new universe or go to the unexplored belts to find the larger ones.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    No one has any ideas or solutions for the asteroids that don't respawn properly (1 or 2 block asteroids)? Our faction systems are full of them with all the mining been done.