'Replace' meta-item tool

Would you find this tool useful?

• Probably, but not regularly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Yes, I edit and update my builds a lot.

• Meh

Votes: 2 40.0%
    • Nah, my tool-kit is already pretty heavy.

Votes: 2 40.0%
    • Finally: spray-paint!

• Um...it's already a thing.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Imagine building twice as fast as you do now with one simple tool.

Hand held 'Replace' tool.

In build mode or Astronaut-mode: point it at a block and that block is put back into personal inventory while a new (predetermined) block is installed to replace it. Instantly and simultaneously with...just one click.

Setting the link: This may need a new spin on C-V linking because you will need both the designated new block-stack and the meta-item replacement tool on the hot-bar. So it would need C-V linking to include the hot-bar icons.

Shipyard: Groups of blocks can be swapped out with a Shift-click. Limited to Shipyards to avoid abuse in combat. Speaking of...this could be kept out of combat altogether simply by restricting it's use to a fully intact entity with 100% HP's on armor & systems (and keep it Nomad-friendly).

*Only allowed on personal, faction or allied ships.

Last edited:

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, we already have this in build mode, and you really should be using build mode for anything bigger than... you know, you should be using build mode even to create a 3 block pod.

Don't think we need a slower, clumsier version of something we already have.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, this is in advanced build mode options down the bottom.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Well then...I could not be happier. :D

Edit: I just tried that and it worked, talk about service! Schine went back in time and incorporated my brilliant suggestion so that it was already there when I asked for it!

Cuz...that is a better explanation than: I just wasted and hour posting an idea that I have been dying to use (and was oblivious of) in a game I have clocked 1300 hours playing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    While replace does exist there is a bug of some sort where rotation doesn't always get copied correctly across symmetry lines, so check if it's working after the first few blocks.