Repeatable Hull-tiles and indoor wall tiles for schematics picture collection

Reaction score
    Okay.

So I had the idea to build a generic hull tile so I can repeat it on the outside of my station again and again, and doesnt look bad on the inside either. I know it can look ugly if you don't use details or variations. I also made some indoor wall patterns that look great either for walkways or as walls of bigger halls. For me it's nice, because I am a huge fan of indoor building, and I often lack the patience to then build the outdoor walls for my stations. Here some screenshots of my repeatable patterns. Do you guys have some other nice repeatable outside or indoor wall patterns?

Reaction score
    It seems to me that you guys don't like this thread I try one last time to convince you of my idea. I know it's not the best but I like to build like that.

madman Captain

Self-appointet Overlord of the Scaffold
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    something like this?

I have over 20templates for this roomsystem and more for the hallwaysystem.

Btw when i look at the other art threads I would say there is generally very little interset in art related threads these days. So no its not like people dont like your thread, there is just nobody.

Reaction score
    I like the pattern. I mean it looks technical. Like you would expect it to look in an engine room.

At least on the long run some people will post some wall patterns. I can't inspire myself to many different styles, that's why I made this thread.

there is just nobody.
    :cry:

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I think a lot of us use some sort of template for walls/hull for larger areas. It makes decorating a little less tedious.

In my case, I don't typically texture my interiors. Most of my "tiles" are for the windows of my buildings, cities, ships and stations. I also use tiling and templates to construct decorative building for cities as well. Thinking back, I could use a bit more variation on the hull itself. Live and learn I guess.
    Space Dock.jpg Axis MCS 8.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I kind of do this, but with main corridors on my ships - It allows nicely detailed walkways without the tedium of building it all.

Usually a 9W x 7H x 9L tileset.

Reactions: JinM

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'm working on a huge tileset (7x7). My plan is to have my ships 100% prefab tiles, not sure if it's practical, but damn it'll be cool.

Reaction score
    Got one new tile, quite big and it has also an inside wall pattern:
    starmade-screenshot-0932.png starmade-screenshot-0933.png starmade-screenshot-0939.png

Also here you see, what I was able to build with a set of only 4 different wall tiles:
    starmade-screenshot-0937.png starmade-screenshot-0954.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lord Daro