Repair System

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was just fooling around with the repair beam after spawning like 20 ships and getting my ship shit to hell and i realized that it would be a pain in the ass to replace blocks that had been destroyed. Seeing as i couldnt remember EXACTLY where i put blocks before i was thinking maybe some sort of tool that assissts in restoring a ship to its exact, brand new, self would be nice. I was thinking either the repair beam could actually restore completely destroyed blocks oooor some sort of "ghost" image/guide could tell you where to put blocks that have been destroyed.

Reaction score
    Acutally, I belive you're onto something here. I myself have found it a pain to repair a ship after battle, espceially if a missle hit me. I think it would be good to impliment a repair system where if you bought the ship from the shops blueprint section, you could click the blueprint again and with the BUY and SAVE buttons there would be a repair button. It would compare your ship to the orignal blueprint, fill in the missing blocks, then charge you for it.

Reaction score
    the repair system as you call it can be implinment yes but maybe it uses much power then?

Reaction score
    Na, wouldn't take power, it would just be buying new blocks from the station and having the automaticly placed where they used to be on your ship, with the computer using the blueprint as refrence for what goes where. Maybe add an extra charge of 50-100 credits per block for service charges?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What it you find a Repair space station at x y z. Your ship is scanned and the cost of replacment blocks is paid, your ship is then destroyed and then replaced with a brand spankin new ship. spanking

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Add a "save" button to the edit mode, which saves current state as blueprint for the ship. If you buy a ship, what you bought is saved as blueprint.
    To repair the ship you either need at least one repair bot module or to use a repair service offered by space stations, shops or other players. Blocks used for repair are first pulled from ship inventory, then player inventory and finally bought. You can set the bots to stock up on certain kinds of blocks when near shop so they always have the resources to conduct repair. They require a ton of power to operate so it's impractical in battle most of the time.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That feature (exactly how you explained it) already exists. If you open the shop from within your ship, you can click on 'catalog' abobe the block list to save / load your ship.
    There are also admin commands
    /save_ship nameInCatalog
    and
    /laod_ship nameInCatalog nameOfShip

cheers,
    - schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That's great to hear, but still, it'd be nice to have it labelled as "repair" and available outside of a shop.

Reaction score
    Yes, maybe adding that functionality to the "space stations" that are everywhere would be good.