Repair Bay

Reaction score
    The idea of a repair bay / mechanic has been suggested before but I believe I have the easiest or well simpliest way to implement it:

1) Create a new bay / dock blocks that act similar to normal ship docks with a docking module and enhancers.

2) Create a block that acts similar to factories in sense that you link it to the repair bay docking block then give it a inventory and fill it with assorted ship components.

3) Once the ship has been docked in the repair bay have a interface either a new tab or a seperate window that can be reached when pressing "R" on the repair block that is linked to the repair bay block.

4) In this new window or tab you would then select the ship you're currently in from the catalog ( Must have the shiped saved so the game can have a blueprint of the ship ) to begin the repair process. The time it takes to repair the ship could vary based on the mass of the ship.

A side note that could make this more balanced would be to allow the repair bay blocks to only be placed / created on space stations or planets and give them a power drain / demand just like factory blocks. This way you eliminate the possibility of someone surronding thier ship in one.

Feel free to voice your concerns or suggestion.

-StellarAmbition

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Seems like a reasonable enough implementation, was going to suggest about the same thing myself. Shouldn\'t be dependant on the catalog though, the ability to locally store and apply blueprints would be much more practical. (catalog should still be accessible, though)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like! Kinda like the idea of a Space Dock in Star Trek.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I give make it +4.

I would like it to require a hollow shape open at two sides

Give big ships with autopilot the ability to align to one of 6 possible orientations and only allow to strafe. This makes collision checks vs shipyard-tubes a lot easier as it only needs to be done in 2D vs a ring/circle.

Reaction score
    It\'s nice to see atleast a few that think it would be a good idea. Just need others to see and have a voice.

Reaction score
    This could also be a way to make catalog ships using parts you already own, instead of having to buy everything.

Reaction score
    +1 I love the idea and was going to suggest something along the same lines as this but with turrents but this sounds like a better way to do it and +1 for the idea to use it to build ships that would be cool :)

Reaction score
    I had also thought it could eventually be expanded into a shipyard to construct ships but i wanted to get the basic idea across before making it too complex.