Rename shops to: Shop alpha, beta, gamma, etc

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do you know this?:

You go to a shop, sell/buy, go to the next, go to the third. Want to go to a forth and suddendly you notice you are at the first again.

Please add something like "alpha", "beta", "gamma" behind shops to make them easier to identify.

Please also avoid shops spawning adjacent to sectors which already have shops, so that you know, you stay in the same sector if you go to shop x (use the map to find other shops).

If you are worried that you may not find other shops of the same cluster, look here: http://star-made.org/content/vr-sector-overlay. Shops might provide a small third-party information for your map.

Or just add an last-visited timer.

Reaction score
    I think there should be a different system for this though, but more combinations to it. There should be different Prefixes and Suffixes and such to give a wider variety of names, or just do ID\'s or something along those lines so we know exactly what shop we\'re at.

Reaction score
    I don\'t think there are enough letters in the greek alphabet... but +1 anyways.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don\'t think there are enough letters in the greek alphabet

I think enough for one sector - or 9 if they are not all clumped together.

Or we could just add an last-visited timer (client-side, for last 10-100 shops?)

I think it will come hand-in-hand together with something like this:

• \"Trade-Station Alpha\" \"Shop Alpha\". Trade stations have everything, but get re-supplied by shops. Shops require one thing and produce another, like factories.
    • Or different shops for different item types. Rare-item shop-types spawn less common.

But that is another topic.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don\'t think there are enough letters in the greek alphabet

I think enough for one sector - or 9 if they are not all clumped together.

Or we could just add an last-visited timer (client-side, for last 10-100 shops?)

I think it will come hand-in-hand together with something like this:

• \"Trade-Station Alpha\" \"Shop Alpha\". Trade stations have everything, but get re-supplied by shops. Shops require one thing and produce another, like factories.
    • Or different shops for different item types. Rare-item shop-types spawn less common.

But that is another topic.