Remove Thrust:Mass ratio cap...

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Huh? of course it does.
    I was fairly certain it did not. So I made a small ship last night and tested the time it took to get up to top speed with varying amounts of thrust over the 2.5 ratio. It did take less time when the thrust was increased beyond the 2.5 ratio.

I could be wrong I only did a few tests.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I was fairly certain it did not. So I made a small ship last night and tested the time it took to get up to top speed with varying amounts of thrust over the 2.5 ratio. It did take less time when the thrust was increased beyond the 2.5 ratio.

You're correct. The thrust to mass 2.5 cap only applies for top speed. Your acceleration is currently uncapped.

Reaction score
    You're correct. The thrust to mass 2.5 cap only applies for top speed. Your acceleration is currently uncapped.
    Could we get a value for advanced build mode that tells us our acceleration? I have a few ships that both have 2.5 thrust mass ratio, but one is quite a bit better than the other at accelerating.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Thrust output I suppose doesn't have a limit. And you were correct stating the 2.5 limit is solely to control top speed but thrust and mass do affect acceleration (I'm not saying you didn't know this already) which is why I would like it to be more realistic in that acceleration is controlled by the t:m ratio and not top speed.

Reaction score
    Could we get a value for advanced build mode that tells us our acceleration? I have a few ships that both have 2.5 thrust mass ratio, but one is quite a bit better than the other at accelerating.
    Build mode already tells you your thrust and your mass. Only the display is capped at 2.5, but nothing stops you from calculating the actual T/M yourself.

Reaction score
    Build mode already tells you your thrust and your mass. Only the display is capped at 2.5, but nothing stops you from calculating the actual T/M yourself.
    I know but would be nice if it automatically did that.